Accounting and consulting firms KPMG, PwC, Baker Tilly and Mazars have been named top performers in the insolvency and corporate recovery industry. Overall, the four firms managed to secure seven so-called 'Insolvency & Rescue Awards'.
Insolvency & Rescue Awards
The Insolvency & Rescue Awards are annual awards that recognise excellence and commitment to rescue of individuals, teams and companies within the insolvency and corporate recovery industry. The Insolvency & Rescue Awards were organised for the seventh time last week, on the first of October 2014, at the Lancaster Hotel in London.
The Awards were divided in 30 categories, including Corporate Recovery Firm of the Year, Insolvency Team of the Year, Rising Star, Turnaround Practitioner of the Year, Banking Restructuring Team of the Year, Best use of Technology, Business Rescue Financier of the Year, and Business Rescue of the Year.
Six consulting firms were nominated for the Insolvency & Rescue Awards, of which four have been selected winners, and secured seven awards between them. An overview of their awards:
- Corporate IP of the Year: Kieran Wallace
- Insolvency Manager of the Year: Steve Bunn
- Business Rescue of the Year – £21million plus turnover: Albemarle & Bond: (with Barclays and Lloyds)
- Corporate Recovery Firm of the Year – 11 or more licensed appointment taking IPs
- Best Use of Technology
- Personal IP of the Year – working within firms >11 licensed appointment taking IPs: Mark Sands
- Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year