Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been nominated India’s most popular organization. The IT consulting organization thanks its leading role to high performances in corporate government, financial health and talent management. TCS is followed by Unilever and the conglomerate ITC. This can be concluded from worldwide management consultancy organization Hay Group’s ranking: ‘India’s Most Admired Companies*’.
The top-10 ‘India’s Most Admired Companies’:
1. TCS (consultancy)
2. Unilever (FMCG)
3. ITC (a.o. FMCG, hotelbranche)
4. Infosys (ICT)
5. State Bank of India (bank)
6. Larsen & Toubro (a.o. building company)
7. Tata Steel (steel manufacturer)
8. ONGC (oil & gas)
9. Maruti Suzuki (car manufacturer)
10. ICICI Bank (bank)
Last year’s winner, Tata Steel, dropped to position #7 in 2013’s list. According to Gaurav Lahiri, Managing Director at Hay Group in India, there were two essential criteria by which leaders distinguished themselves from the rest: “This year the top 10 distinguished it’s self from remainder winners because of two criteria in particular: Leadership and creating Shareholder Value”.
* This year, the India’s Most Admired Companies’ (IMAC) ranking was put together for the second time by Hay Group in cooperation with Fortune India. Over 450 large organizations operating in India within 16 key sectors took part in the analysis.