The Association of Management Consulting Firms has appointed Holly Paul, Chief Human Resources Officer of FTI Consulting, to its Board of Directors.
The AMCF was founded in 1929 by five well-known founding fathers in the consulting industry: Edwin Booz (the founder of Booz Allen Hamilton and Strategy&*), Marvin Bower** (Managing Director of McKinsey & Company), H.B. Maynard (the founder of H.B. Maynard and Company; acquired by Accenture in 2007), Richard Paget (co-founder of Cresap, McCormick and Paget***) and Kurt Salmon (the founder of Kurt Salmon). Since its establishment, the Association of Management Consulting Firms (AMCF) represents excellence and integrity in the consulting profession. Key objectives include serving as the voice of the industry, representing the profession before government and regulatory bodies, managing professional standards and enabling firms to share knowledge and work smarter. The AMCF currently has more than 30 consulting members and roughly 20 associate members.
The management of the AMCF is run by a Board of Directors, which consists of 13 consultants that have a strong track record in the industry. Last week the representative body for management consultancy firms in the US and abroad announced a new addition to its Board: Holly Paul, CHRO of FTI Consulting. In her role, she is responsible for overseeing all areas of FTI’s human capital strategy, including talent acquisition, talent management, learning and development, workforce planning and compensation & benefits. “Holly Paul brings a wealth of industry experience and insights to the AMCF Board. She has shown a commitment to the consulting profession throughout her career that aligns with the AMCF’s core mission, values and high standards of practice. I am confident she will deliver new and innovative ideas to the AMCF,” says Donna Campbell, Chairman of the AMCF Board, who recently was named one of the 12 ‘Women Leaders in the Consulting Industry’.
Other members of AMCF’s Board of Directors are:
- Chairwoman: Donna Dark Campbell, Americas Advisory Leader, EY
- Chairman Emeritus: Juan Pujadas, Vice Chairman, Global Advisory Services, PwC
- Vice Chairman, Europe: Pascal Gustin, President & General Director, Algoe
- Vice Chairman, Small Firms: Steve Goodrich, CEO, The Center for Organizational Excellence
- Vice Chairman, India & Asia: J. Rajagopal, Global Head of Consulting, Tata Consultancy Services
- Secretary: Madison Riley, Managing Partner - North America, Kurt Salmon
- Conrad J. Heilman, Jr. President & CEO, Tunnell Consulting
- Eric Speer, Global Leader of Risk Consulting & Software Business, Towers Watson
- Steve A. Templeton, Founder & President, Templeton & Company
- Sally Caputo, President & COO, AMCF
- Mark Goodburn, Global Head of Advisory, KPMG
- Rod Travers, Executive Vice President, The Nolan Company
** Marvin Bower joined McKinsey & Company in 1933 and played an instrumental role in the growth and development of the global strategy consultancy. Bower is considered as one of the founding fathers of the management consulting profession. In testimony to his contribution, the Financial Times and McKinsey earlier this year launched a special prize named after himself and Brendan Bracken, who was chairman of the FT from 1945 to 1958.
*** Cresap, McCormick and Paget was acquired in 1982 by Towers Perrin, which later became Towers Watson following the merger with Watson Wyatt in 2010.