ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,450 professionals in 26 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Payroll Assistant is a support role within the EMEA payroll team that reports to the Payroll Manager. The Payroll Assistant will assist in all aspects of the monthly payroll processing as well as supporting other administrative functions within the team.
- Support the processing of the UK Payroll. Input and checking all aspects of Payroll processing (Starters, Leavers and completion of all appropriate tax forms, Variable data - e.g. bonus, advances, overtime, etc.) – Payroll for around 650 UK employees on a monthly basis
- Knowledge and application of statutory and firm rules in relation to: SSP, SMP, SAP, SPP
- Ability to manually calculate PAYE and NI calculations when required
- Maintaining an understanding of current payroll legislation: RTI and Auto Enrolment
- Assist with preparing monthly payroll reconciliations and control reports
- Assist with processing the separate Partner Payroll – LLP structure
- Assist with processing the separate overseas EMEA payroll
Day to day liaison with clients - HR, employees, HMRC, Season tickets, Childcare Vouchers, cycle to work etc.
Other ad hoc duties as required
- Experienced in working to tight deadlines
- Methodical and organised
Knowledge of ADP Freedom is essential
Minimum of 2 years payroll experience
Experience of dealing with payroll from start to finish
Good working knowledge of Excel (v-look ups), Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of Professional Services Environment
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Open minded with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritise, manage time and work effectively
Strong team player in an environment of professionals
Experience of LLP and EMEA Payrolls
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: FTI Consulting
Education: Postgraduate degree