Strategic Communications - Life Sciences | Director
Director – Life Sciences | Strategic Communications - London
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,600 professionals in 28 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting (formerly Financial Dynamics) is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. With more than 25 years of experience advising management teams in critical situations, we help our clients use their communications assets to protect, enhance, develop and defend their enterprise value – no matter what they are going through or where they are in the world. With approximately 700 expert strategic communications consultants in more than 25 key markets around the world, we combine global reach with critical local knowledge. We also have built an unrivalled depth of industry and interdisciplinary expertise so that clients have access to professionals who are focused on their particular Segment, have a broad network of relationships with key influencers and provide communications counsel based on in-depth industry knowledge and experience.
The Life Sciences team is a growing practice with high profile clients, concentrating on Financial PR for the Pharmaceutical industry.
Due to expanding business needs and growth of our Life Sciences practice we are seeking a highly motivated Director to join our team in London and help contribute to and continue its success.
Deliver to Clients
- Support/lead on a number of programmes, including both retained and project work, ensuring that client programmes are agreed and project plans are implemented.
- Own client relationships with limited senior supervision; creatively preparing and delivering the client programme
- Provide strategic advice to a portfolio of clients, manage account on a day-to-day basis and develop excellent relationships with client group. Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Generate supportive media coverage for clients
- ? Anticipate potentially difficult situations and be able to evaluate alternatives with senior executives
Build the Business
- Seek out new business leads and help convert them to profitable clients
- Work alongside other senior members of the team on business development activities such as pitch preparation and delivery
- Look to expand the Life Sciences portfolio through business with existing clients and the broader FTI group
- ? Proactively network with media contacts and industry analysts, as well as potential clients
Project line management for the team working on your clients
Knowledge sharing and mentoring junior team members.
Develop relationships with other teams within Strategic Communications and FTI
- Relevant Financials Communications or PR experience either in-house or agency side, ideally within the Life Sciences industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven track record in delivering successful programmes for clients
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and related regulatory environments
- Demonstrable ability and desire to drive business development and attract, retain and expand client relationships. Must have a strong network of relationships across the industry
- A strong understanding of the media & how it operates
- Strong writing skills
- ? Excellent contacts in industry or a desire to develop these
- Self-starter who thrives on high level of accountability
- Drive and enthusiasm and strong team player and leader
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and a possess service-oriented attitude
- Developed ability to multi-task across client programs, firm initiatives and sales opportunities
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills
Ability to recognise, explore and use a broad range of ideas and practices, thinking logically and creatively without influence from personal bias
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: FTI Consulting
Education: Postgraduate degree