Strategic Communications - Healthcare | Senior Director
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,600 professionals in 28 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring.
Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting (formerly Financial Dynamics) is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. With more than 25 years of experience advising management teams in critical situations, we help our clients use their communications assets to protect, enhance, develop and defend their enterprise value – no matter what they are going through or where they are in the world. With approximately 700 expert strategic communications consultants in more than 25 key markets around the world, we combine global reach with critical local knowledge. The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting prides itself on its unrivalled sector knowledge so that clients have access to professionals who are focused on their particular Segment, have a broad network of relationships with key influencers and provide communications counsel based on in-depth industry knowledge and experience.
The Healthcare and Life Sciences team is a leader in the sector, advising major pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies on a variety of communications programmes, including financial communications, corporate communications and product communications.
This role would be specifically working with the part of the team that provides Global and UK support for product communications, medical education, corporate communications and internal communications. The role encompasses messaging, content development, project management, media relations, stakeholder communications and issues management. This successful team are looking to expand following engagement by a number of high profile clients.
Deliver to Clients
- Holds strong relationships in the Healthcare sector.
- Ensures FTI differentiates itself from the competition through exemplary client service, adopting the latest approaches to client needs and anticipating opportunities to serve them differently in the future.
- Be able to own and manage multiple client relationships and complex projects
- Ensure flawless tactical execution of client projects by the team
- Responsible for providing strategic advice and helping client to build communications plans
- Fulfils role of trusted adviser for client and able to develop communications plans that meet the business objectives of clients
- Demonstrates the ability to retain clients and grow client relationships.
- Manages several client accounts and takes responsibility for leveraging more junior team members to support clients.
Build the Business
- Proactively networks with potential clients and industry experts.
- Supports business development activities, both through growing current accounts and identifying and winning new business opportunities.
- Anticipate the evolution and future of the communications industry within the Healthcare environment and how FTI must adapt to these changes in order to sustain competitive advantage.
- Be able to manage full new business process from identification of a lead, through development of a proposal to the delivery of a successful pitch.
- Proactively identifies cross selling opportunities across segments, practices and geographies.
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills and apply skills to unfamiliar tasks and projects.
- Ability to lead learning and development initiatives for junior team members, whilst having the willingness and interest to learn new skills for themselves.
- Develop relationships with other teams within Strategic Communications and FTI.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant Communications or PR experience either in-house or agency side in brand communications (minimum 8 years).
- Passion for healthcare and science.
- Proven track record of leading successful programmes for clients in brand and corporate communications.
- Ability to take complex medical and scientific knowledge and simplify it for target audiences.
- Demonstrable ability and desire to drive business development and attract, retain and expand client relationships.
- Capacity to manage priorities between multiple client assignments and firm initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Confident and willing to challenge accepted ideas to create exceptional client programmes.
- An agenda-setter – capable of managing and driving the direction of multiple client accounts in a fast-paced and pressurized environment without day-to-day oversight.
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Senior level communications experience working agency-side is preferable.
- Scientific degree preferred.
- Experience of internal communications preferred.
- Confident in advising on the use of new and established channels and tactics.
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to provide exceptional client service.
- Excellent team player with a positive and collegial focus.
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: FTI Consulting
Education: Postgraduate degree