Strategic Communications - Consumer Industries - Graduate Consultant
Graduate Consultant | Consumer Industries - Strategic Communications
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,800 professionals in 28 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts.
Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Strategic Communications practice of FTI Consulting (formerly Financial Dynamics) is one of the world's most highly regarded communications consultancies. With more than 25 years of experience advising management teams in critical situations, we help our clients use their communications assets to protect, enhance, develop and defend their enterprise value – no matter what they are going through or where they are in the world. With approximately 700 expert strategic communications consultants in more than 25 key markets around the world, we combine global reach with critical local knowledge. We also have built an unrivalled depth of industry and interdisciplinary expertise so that clients have access to professionals who are focused on their particular Segment, have a broad network of relationships with key influencers and provide communications counsel based on in-depth industry knowledge and experience.
The Consumer Industries team advise both large and small cap companies on their financial and corporate communications programmes encompassing media and analyst relations, stakeholder communications and issues management in the UK and internationally. The team has a retained client base of over 60 companies predominantly in the consumer industries sector including retailers, consumer goods manufacturers, leisure organisations and inward investment agencies.
This is a unique opportunity for a graduate looking to develop a career in corporate & financial PR and communications consulting on some of the world’s most iconic brands.
We are seeking someone bright, efficient, with a can-do attitude, preferably with prior/relevant experience in communications with the intention to build a profession in corporate communications consultancy.
Deliver to Clients
- Daily news monitoring and delivering news reports both internally and to external clients
- Research and contribute to new business pitch documents for the team as requested
- Work alongside colleagues to ensure timescales and quality assurance are adhered to
- Focus on client retention through exemplary service delivery
- Assist senior team members in creatively preparing and delivering the client program
Support business development
- Research potential clients and opportunities
- Proactively network with media and potential client prospects
- Manage agendas and deliverables
- Share ideas and client information with the team
- Share knowledge, insights and experience with colleagues
- Develop relationships with other teams within FTI
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Some experience Public Relations is desirable but not essential
- Some experience of working in a corporate environment is preferable
- Possess or have the desire to develop excellent contacts with the media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Ability to build strong rapport/relationships at all levels within FTI Consulting and client organisations
- Time management and the ability to prioritise a varied workload and plan ahead
- Ability to work effectively within a busy team
- Takes a pragmatic and ‘can do’ approach
- Ability to work well under time pressure
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: FTI Consulting
Education: Postgraduate degree