Corporate - Facilities | Facilities Officer
TITLE: FACILITIES OFFICER
LOCATION: LONDON, UK
JOB TYPE: PERMANENT
REPORTING TO: FACILITIES MANAGER
ABOUT THE FIRM:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organisations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,800 professionals in 28 countries, we work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management and restructuring.
Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialised expertise. We are the company engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and contributing to history-making engagements, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Senior Facilities Team Assistant, working in a team of six and reporting directly to the London Facilities Manager. Overall, the position ensures the effective and efficient delivery of the department accountabilities, the primary duties are outlined below.
- Liaise with external service partners and contractors on a regular basis, attend meetings and escalate grievances/issues to those relevant under time limitations
- Attend meetings with building management and liaise on a daily basis as required
- Assist in basic project planning for office moves, relocations, storage and archiving across EMEA region
- Coordinate insurance for all EMEA offices, acting as a conduit with the U.S Compliance team.
- Manage the EMEA lease schedule ensuring all details are up to date using Excel, and uploading documentation into the database (Lease Harbour) accordingly
- Produce, manipulate and analyse complex reports using Excel, such as for room allocations (Condecco) and the FTI emergency messaging service (Everbridge)
- Assist in the continual work required to retain ISO14001 (Environmental accreditation) and conducting internal audits for compliance ensuring acute attention to detail
- Assist the Facilities Manager with report writing and in-depth executive summaries
- Edit and produce draft internal communication to FTI staff as and when required.
- Assist with maintaining the security pass system (Paxton), ensuring it is live and up to date at all times
- Assist Facilities Assistants with help desk telephone and email queries where required ensuring customers are dealt with in a concise, efficient and professional manner
- Co-ordinate the FTI Consulting Business Continuity Plan by liaison with the Facilities Manager for review by the ELT
- Produce and update content on the Facilities Intranet page (Atlas)
- Deputising for the Facilities Manager where required
- Providing personal assistance to the Regional Director where required including diary management and invoice management.
- Ongoing interface with IT, Reception, Catering, Cleaning, Maintenance, Security, and Post & Print Room teams
- Additional ad hoc tasks as required at the discretion of management.
- There is an expectation of intermittent physical labour to assist with office adjustments and relocations
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
Proven experience working in a similar role within a large organisation in a professional services environment
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel
Experience working with multiple contractors and stakeholders
Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with those at all levels
Exemplary time management, planning and organisation skills
Acute attention to detail
Expectation of intermittent physical labour to assist with office adjustment and moves
< face="calibri, sans-serif"> Experience with ISO 14001, Health and Safety, DSE >
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
Customer centric mentality
A proactive, vibrant and engaging manner
A helpful and enthusiastic approach to the job
A willingness to learn and support the Facilities Manager to (in time) act as a backup
Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload under pressure
Team player who can also work independently
Highly self-motivated with the initiative and resilience to tackle problems proactively
Confidence working with a number of demanding stakeholders
Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships quickly
FTI Consulting can offer a competitive and attractive rewards package, excellent training and development opportunities, a supportive and friendly environment and the opportunity to achieve your potential.
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Company: FTI Consulting
Education: Postgraduate degree