Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC has over 57,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $13 billion. For more information, visit www.mercer.com or follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights.
What kind of secretarial support do world-class consultants rely on? The very best kind – personal, accurate, timely and flexible enough to respond to new challenges and the rapidly changing needs of our business. So join us as a Team Secretary and make a real difference to the efficiency and effectiveness of our team.
In return, we’ll help you make more of your abilities than you ever imagined. You’ll be part of a global consulting leader in health, talent, retirement and investment – one that employs around 20,000 people in more than 40 countries. Our clients include most of the FTSE 100 companies, our innovation continues to win us awards around the world, and our diverse and inclusive culture makes us an exciting and rewarding place to work.
So expect lots of variety when you join us. Our team of consultants will rely heavily on your secretarial and administrative support to achieve efficiency and deliver outstanding client service. This will include:
- Providing proactive secretarial and administrative support to a high standard. This will include extensive diary management and travel arrangements, document creation, typing, formatting and editing documents using company templates and styles.
- Preparing client materials for meetings and events.
- Dealing confidently with clients and colleagues - answering telephones, directing calls, taking messages and progressing actions as required.
- Arranging internal and external meetings for the team – ensuring efficient scheduling of meetings and resolving any clashes appropriately.
- Anticipating and co-ordinating all travel and accommodation following Mercer’s guidelines.
- Submitting expense claims via Mercer’s expense system.
- Identifying opportunities to assist the wider team with non-chargeable work and ad-hoc projects.
- Using Mercer systems to prepare and issue client invoices.
- Managing the team’s electronic filling - making sure that the standard Mercer processes are followed.
- Supporting other secretaries in the team to ensure that we are providing a streamlined service to our clients.
- Demonstrating strong organisational skills - regularly acting on own initiative, highlighting issues and suggesting possible solutions.
- Taking ownership to drive forward process improvements so that we are continue to deliver to our clients in the most effective way.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required include:
- Prior experience in a senior secretarial role required
- Excellent numerical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook including, strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and good time management skills.
- Initiative and enthusiasm with the ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- Task orientated.
- Responsible and reliable
- Educated to A-Level standard, or equivalent as a minimum requirement
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.