Consumer Marketing Leader-LON002HO
Consumer Marketing Leader
At Mercer, we make a difference in the health, wealth and careers of 110 million people every day. We do this by helping clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's more than 20,500 employees are based in more than 40 countries, and we operate in more than 130 countries.
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
The Consumer business in the UK & Ireland currently generates revenues of $20m per annum. Within the next five years it will have grown to over $75m and will have 500k customers, $25billion in Funds Under Management (FUM) in Mercer products and a broad range of consumer products across Health, Wealth and Career. At the heart of our offering is our recently launched digital platform, Mercer HarmoniseTM, designed to help employees of our corporate clients understand, engage with, and take control of their health and wealth needs — all in one place. Personalised Nudges and interactive tools will help employees make proactive decisions, guided by Mercer’s insights and underpinned by high quality products and services. The end result: happier, healthier, and more engaged employees driving your business forward.
To support its growth objectives, the Consumer business is seeking an entrepreneurial Consumer Marketing Leader to play a pivotal role in engaging and acquiring new and retaining existing customers, through a keen focus on understanding and developing a differentiated brand and customer experience, and deploying sophisticated data-driven marketing techniques as part of an integrated, outbound and inbound marketing communications strategy. Core to the role is a strong understanding and application of digital consumer marketing communication strategies and techniques.
This role always puts the consumer first, will partner with other stakeholders and break down silos to make things happen, epitomise teamwork, and be energised by being at the forefront of digital innovation and customer experience in a fast-changing world of data-driven web, mobile and wearables experiences of the future. This role is ready to make their mark on a growing business opportunity, with global impact potential.
The Consumer Marketing Leader will work closely with the Consumer Leadership team for UK & Ireland, and a large range of business and technical stakeholders, vendors and marketing agencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Insight & Go-To-Market Strategy: Obtain a deep level of understanding of the issues facing our changing target segments and business, the current opportunities and developments within the marketplace and the world of digital innovation and communications, the latest on competitor movements, so that marketing advice is grounded in sound business knowledge.
- Value proposition, messaging and content creation: Develop competitive and well-researched value propositions, buyer journeys, messaging and content assets mapped to defined target segments/buyer personas that evolve with life stage, event triggers and behavioural and demographic segmentation.
- Data-driven marketing and insights. Design sophisticated segmentation and analytics to identify profitable micro-segments and predictive analysis for the testing and application of differentiated marketing communication and product promotion strategies that result in measurable ROI. Key to this is maximising the CRM tools available (e.g. SalesForce, Marketo) to understand member interactions as well as applying big/smart data to transform our approach to personalisation to commercialise our web products.
- Campaign Delivery and Management: Develop and implement primarily digital, multi-media and leading-edge outbound and inbound marketing programmes (across our Web, Email, Social Media and SMS experiences) to acquire and retain profitable customer segments through engaging customer experience, supportive of Mercer’s overall brand proposition, and laser-focused on demand generation/nurturing-based KPIs resulting in Marketing Qualified Leads for the business.
- Drive the Omni-channel marketing and data strategy to create a consistent and continuous product experience for members
- Facilitate the translation of new requirements in to User Stories, following Agile Scrum methodology.
- Stakeholder management: Lead conversations with business, Marketing and technical stakeholders internally and with our vendor, product and marketing agencies to ensure marketing communication programmes are supportive of product strategy e.g. automate the serving up of product recommendations to the right individuals at the right time, place and in their channel of choice.
- ROI focus: Be accountable for our digital channel’s KPI reporting as the heart of our data-driven approach to marketing and roadmap prioritisation.
- Product launches: Lead the communications launch to market of innovative products in the areas of health, wealth and career.
- Alternative distribution channels: Explore and commercialise innovative opportunities to partner with third parties to distribute Mercer products and solutions, targeting our buyer profiles as we look to expand the relationship beyond the employer and direct to the individual in the retail space.
- At times there may be opportunities to contribute to a wide range of project management tasks or take on other responsibilities, including internal/ external and client presentations, innovation workshops or customer research.
Preferred Skills/ Qualifications/Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in digital marketing, computer science.
- Solid consumer marketing background with demonstrated experience in leading marketing automation within a consumer/ online/financial services brand.
- Two+ years demonstrated experience of being involved with Big Data strategies within a consumer/ online/financial services brand.
- Strong experience of using consumer insights to guide marketing campaigns and inspire high quality creative as well as a track record in working closely with external advertising and design agencies and spearheading compelling BTL and ATL campaigns.
- Deep experience in understanding customer needs and translating them into compelling messaging, differentiated propositions and marketing programmes aligned to prioritised business requirements that drive profitable and measureable revenue growth.
- Experience or involvement in developing social products, technologies or platforms is strongly desired.
- Expert in marketing discipline especially digital and direct marketing.
- Excellent communications skills required to gain alignment and secure resources to achieve aggressive goals; ability to build strong relationships with key business partners and stakeholders.
- Deep knowledge of web analytics, ideally including Adobe Omniture Site Catalyst and/ or Google Analytics, and CRM systems (ideally Marketo and SalesForce).
- Experience in delivering digital transformation within large organisations with multiple stakeholders and audiences in the private and/or public sector would be an advantage.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)/ Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) qualification or working knowledge of Agile Methodology would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a project management / software development environment, ideally including hands-on project management experience (Prince2 or Six Sigma qualifications are extremely desirable).
- Results oriented, driven, self-starter who demonstrates initiative, rigour and tenacity.
- High energy, solution oriented team player with the ability to effectively navigate a matrix organisation to drive results.
- The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mind-set, flexible spirit and tremendous will to win.
- Strong analytic and project management skills with a focus on flawless execution and attention to detail.
- A passion for building customer loyalty.
- Strong ethics and a demonstrated sense for doing what’s right for our customers, clients, business and shareholders.
Consumer Business Leader, UK & Ireland and Europe & Pacific Marketing Leader
Works closely with:
Wider Consumer business teams in particular the Digital Leader; Line of Businesses (Health, Wealth and Careers); Rest of UK & Ireland Marketing function; Brand; Communications; External vendors
Initially one or two direct reports, with room to grow as needed
Marketing budget to support targeted marketing programme strategies
Marketing and Public Relations
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.