Deal Negotiation Specialist-LON002G2
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments, and helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer’s Marketing team plays a fundamental role in helping the business to meet its growth objectives through the deployment of innovative and high-impact campaigns that generate demand and nurture for Mercer’s services and solutions, and competitively position Mercer in the market place.
The purpose of this position is to drive business performance and operating results. The Deal Negotiation Specialist will provide support to the line of business (LOB) in all things Client on boarding and enhance the effectiveness and decrease the timeline for these activities. This position will provide critical negotiation support globally to our client teams serving our largest and most complex clients and will serve as a subject matter expert for sourcing and procurement matters. To fulfill this role, the Commercial Contracts Specialist will:
- Provide expert negotiations support to client teams serving our largest and most complex clients across contracts and pricing.
- Partnership and facilitation with client teams, legal, finance and the client on a global basis
- Direct engagement in client negotiations on a global, regional and country level across all LOBs
- Serve as an expert resource for the development and deployment of negotiation strategies and tactics within client engagements
- Subject matter expert on both sourcing and procurement engagements with clients and on internal approval process related to negotiated terms, conditions and planned fee adjustments
- Coordination with other MMC operating companies that are common to engagement/client
- Create and peer review internal materials including, user guides templates and other communications
- Monitors at risk client accounts and pro-actively develops corrective strategies
- Possesses a thorough understanding of client environment
- Works across the organization to understand, influence and implement strategies that support new products and services.
- Responsible for client on-boarding as it pertains to proposal development, contracting, and completing internal process and system requirements.
- Build strong relationships with the Global LOB Leadership team and provide analytical and operational support
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, gain efficiencies and improve financial performance
- Identifying any problems associated with the project and developing and implementing the appropriate solution
- Developing and presenting analytics and reports
- Knowledge and understanding of operational metrics, including sales analytics, client profitability and pricing
- BA or BS plus qualifications in Business Administration. Master’s degree or professional equivalent
- Significant experience in sales, management, sourcing & procurement, contract negotiations, financial negotiations for products and or services on a global scope and scale, strong knowledge of services / consulting industry desirable
- High level capability to conduct negotiations that cross/ include legal, financial and lines of business in an effective manner with positive results
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills related to developing and executing complex proposals and negotiations for a variety of consulting services
- Ability to influence stakeholders without direct management responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including probing and listening skills, and the ability to present complex data with clarity
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to drive to results by making decisions in a proactive, timely way and establishing priorities with clear goals and responsibilities to achieve results.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to gain the confidence, respect and trust of senior executives, clients and staff
- Ability to conceptualize a project and create a vision.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate internally as well as externally with remote locations, external partners and clients..
- Proven negotiation skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively develop and leverage key relationships.
- Proven project and time management skills; must be resourceful in developing alternative solutions and meeting deadlines in a real time, fast paced environment.
- Support in pursuing and winning new contracts as well as renewing and expanding current contracts.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance, proficient in Microsoft Office.
Marketing and Public Relations
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.