Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. We strive to develop our staff offering them training, support, progression options and exposure to technical work to help them develop their skill set as well as their career.
The role holder will be responsible for the resolution of service failures, E&O’s and/or customer
complaints by providing advice and guidance to the operational teams to ensure appropriate analysis is performed prior to pursuing the corrective action and ensuring a commercial solution that optimises the benefits for Clients/Members and Mercer is progressed. Throughout the analysis and settlement phase the role holder should work in conjunction with Mercer legal to take into account the impact of all available options to resolve E&Os whilst ensuring the proposed corrective action does not create an adverse legal precedent.
Where significant service failures have occurred that cause the client to request a root and branch review. The role holder is to manage the review and deliver the findings to the client. Once the corrective action has been agreed, the role holder is responsibility for implementing and embedding the corrective action. Communication of all corrective action with the client and / or the member is the responsibility of the Operational teams, but the role holder should take ownership to ensure communication is consistent with Mercer standards.
An integral part of the role is to identify operational improvements to reduce Retirement Administrations exposure to E&O risk. As part of this activity the role holder should work in conjunction with the Quality Champions to perform root cause analysis and prepare recommendations for approval at the Retirement Administration risk committee.
You will report to the retirement administration risk manager.
- Perform structured analyses of service issues, complaints or E&O’s to confirm the root cause/s and identify potential sustainable solutions to prevent repeat occurrences of the issue.
- Ensure appropriate mitigation strategies for all service issues, complaints and E&O’s are pursued by the Operational teams, monitoring progress and status on a regular basis.
- For complex service issues develop and maintain a risk mitigation strategy along with detailed resolution plans to ensure that all tasks are identified, critical paths and task dependencies are recognised and resource requirements are identified and organised. Any external dependencies should also be included.
- Where the resolution of E&Os involves a rectification project; Create and manage a detailed resolution plan; Provide updates to clients where appropriate and prepare all member and client communication to ensure consistency of message. Communications to be issued by the Operational teams
- If the resolution has a recommendation to improve operational processes or Retirement Administration systems, the role holder should document and review the proposed change withthe Risk Manager and Quality Manager. Once the improvement has been agreed ensure the request is submitted via the Retirement Administration change process. Once the solution is available, facilitate the operational testing and training to ensure the change is successfully implemented and the change is sustained by the Operational teams.
- Where scheme audits or Mercer / MMC audits are scheduled, the role holder is to be the focal point and ensure the Operational teams are best prepared for the audit. Provide early warning of potential high risk audit findings to the risk manager and the Professional Champion community.
- As required, accompany colleagues at client meetings, to discuss the progress on service issues or E&O / complaint resolution. Ensure all material has been prepared in advance and peer reviewed by a team member
- Peer review colleagues work within the Professional Champion community as required
- I conjunction with the Administration Service Leads and Administration Service Managers ensure compliance with processes, national initiatives and AAF control reporting
- To be flexible and adaptable to work demands as advised by the team manager
Experience and Qualifications
Relevant experience in pension’s administration
Relevant experience in checking and peer review
Demonstrable skills for working with clients and interacting with members and pensioners
Ability to influence peers and senior managers
Ability to provide feedback and identify development needs
Ability to work in a team
Advanced process knowledge with an analytical aptitude
Ability to solve problems
Appropriate professional qualification
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.
Education: Undergraduate degree