Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC has over 57,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $13 billion. For more information, visit www.mercer.com or follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights.
To determine the business data requirements, complete calculation specifications, produce process documentation and provide support to core Business systems.
- Calculations - Analysis and interpretation of scheme rules and actuarial instructions and the production of calculation specifications (including Benefit Spec if appropriate) as well as the production of test matrices and test cases.
- Data – Midas (internal database) reporting, data review against legislation, manipulation of data, ability to set up calculation spreadsheets
- Able to communicate effectively and contributes to developing standards and best practice. May perform the Project Manager role where one has not been allocated.
- To provide accurate and timely cost estimates for Project work where requested. Maintains accurate records to evidence the progress and profit of each project ensuring own projects are in line with budgets.
- May have basic Supervisory responsibilities plus carry out a coaching and mentoring role for Analysts across the National Projects team
Education (degree / diploma)
- Preferably educated to degree level, QPA or DPC part/qualified or studying for/qualified APMI
- Experience within the Pensions Industry
- Ability to take responsibility for the quality of their own work, using their initiative to achieve the required results
- Experience and proficiency in working effectively in a team
- Ability to prioritise work on multiple tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Proven track record of delivery to agreed quality and timescales or other relevant experience
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Sound administration skills with good analytical and reporting abilities
- Effective time management, planning and personal organisation skills
- Must be highly numerate, methodical and logical, with a high level of problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Flexible and adaptable to work demands
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.