Pensions Customer Services Representative-CHI003HD
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. We strive to develop our staff offering them training, support, progression options and exposure to technical work to help them develop their skill set as well as their career.
To work as part of a team providing an accurate, reliable and high standard of inbound and outbound response and resolution of member phone and email enquiries across a range of member services including; pensioner payroll, pension scheme, flexible benefits and OneView help lines. The role holder will use their knowledge & skills to enable them to satisfactorily answer customer enquiries through a “One and Done” philosophy, demonstrating excellence in service and member experience.
You will report to the Customer Relations Centre Manager.
- To promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail, fax and telephone as requested.
- Perform call and email handling activity on a multi-skilled basis in accordance with agreed “One and Done” handling standards and referral agreements
- Carry out outbound contact in line with work allocation and demand.
- Report any service issues, potential errors and omissions or complaints raised directly or referred from the Customer Relations Representative / team, and escalate to the Team Manager as appropriate
- Escalate to Customer Relations Team Manager any opportunities/ideas for change
- Accountable for your contribution to the performance of the service delivery of your team and reporting progress on a regular basis.
- Be accountable for the standard and quality of own work, achieving agreed performance standards, quality and service levels.
- Utilise case tracking functionality and liaise effectively with the Administration teams to ensure referred customer queries are dealt with promptly and to agreed standards
- To be developing or to have obtained the ability to undertake support activity as required to support team members
- Access and respond to voice and web mail enquiries as directed.
- To be flexible and adaptable to work demands as advised by the team manager
- Maintain accurate, relevant and timely records of all activity using agreed tools and reporting systems.
Contribute to the reduction of E&Os, ensuring accuracy and best practice methods are demonstrated.
Provide industry leading standards to members
Preferable educated to GSCE level. Including Mathematics and English Language grade C and above.
Ability to perform basic administration calculations
High level of customer service skills.
High level of telephone skills
Ability to self develop
Ability to work in a team
Ability to follow processes
Ability to coach other Customer Relations Representatives
Progression towards an pension industry standard / professional
accreditation / obtaining qualifications
ICS qualification or equivalent is preferable
Experience of complaint resolution
Knowledge & Skills
Customer service skills
Knowledge of internal Mercer administration processes and applications
Ability to plan and organise own workload
Time Management and organisational skills
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.
Education: Undergraduate degree