Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset – their people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about delivering quality service, love solving problems, and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the many job opportunities available through Mercer. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. MMC has over 57,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $13 billion. For more information, visit www.mercer.com or follow Mercer on Twitter @MercerInsights.
To lead on quality service control, maintaining standards, adherence to and implementation of best practice. Integral parts of the role would be to support Tier 3 client relationships and client budgeting, to peer review complex tasks, coach junior colleagues on complex situations. Taking a lead on process improvement for clients and undertaking quality control calculation reviews on team work, where required. To lead the scheme events for allocated clients. You will report to the Administration Service Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the allocation and management of work in the team covering member, client and scheme processes.
- Ensure processes are adhered to and support any review to maintain best practice, drive continual improvement, operational effectiveness and client profitability.
- Support the increased quality of service delivered by continuous and controlled improvement of processes.
- Escalate any AAF exceptions or Disclosure breaches as a result of Mercer actions.
- Ensure Errors and Omissions and complaints are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and within appropriate timescales, through liaison with the Administration Service Manager.
- Escalate to the Administration Service Manager any opportunities for change and input to plans for developing and enhancing the service provided, through liaison and support with the client and any other connected parties.
- To be fully aware of technical developments, procedural and legislative changes and be able to discuss and act upon the implications.
- Undertake checking activity as required to support team members
- To promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on complex queries as required
- Gain a thorough understanding of the scheme details administered in the team and ensure activities processed in line with scheme rules.
- To be fully aware of client specific changes and ensure service delivery is adjusted as appropriate to accommodate the changes.
- Responsible for the maintenance and update of SKB / proformas etc
- To aid the performance of the team by ensuring the active use of MI reporting to monitor progress on a regular basis for member, client and scheme event work.
- Agree the performance targets for client delivery with the Administration Service Manager be part of and support any team plans to ensure achievement of the targets for member and scheme event work.
- Coach team members to achieve the workflow and scheme event delivery targets based on service level agreements and timetables agreed with clients.
- Develop and maintain a client-specific service delivery and improvement plan for clients, if appropriate
- Where you are the client lead, ensure your knowledge on client needs is up to date and liaise with other team members on on-going client requirements.
- Be accountable for the standard and quality of own work
- Foster good relationships with other departments and LOBs
- Monitoring project income within own control. Work with your Administration Service Manager to ensure your client projects are delivered in accordance with the project plan and on budget.
- Where relevant, be responsible for the monthly/quarterly billing of your allocated client portfolio to ensure that additional adhoc work is billed appropriately in line with contractual obligations.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities to generate additional revenue from your clients. Ensure client requests for additional work or scheme changes are identified and relevant costs calculated and confirmed.
- Coach other team members in client budget work.
- For your allocated clients input into lthe preparation for both contract and fee reviews to increase profitability, review indexing annually and ensure all out of scope billing is managed at the time of request and recovered.
- Undertake annual commercial review with the Administration Service Manager, including profitability, recovery and indexation.
- Influence and coach junior colleagues to take ownership for service delivery on their clients
- Input to the creation of the solution and participate in the project team to implement agreed change.
- Provide coaching, direction, and guidance to junior team members, to create a high performing service delivery team.
- To check complex member, client and scheme cases and act as a coach to develop junior members of the team.
- To be flexible and adaptable to work demands as advised by the Administration Service Manager
- Monitor development and training requirements for team members as appropriate.
- May be required to conduct or input into PfS reviews
- To be responsible for the production of client Stewardship Reports and scheme event processing for your clients.
- To attend Trustee Meetings and or Administration Meeting with Clients.
- Communicate with clients or RRF consultant on changes to work planning schedules resulting from adhoc client demands, both directly to the client and indirectly through the Client Relationship Managers.
- Present periodic reports for clients, regulatory and Trustee boards, including information on all operational work activities, accompanying the Relationship Manager, where applicable.
- Support the ASM to ensure client portfolio remains compliant with both internal and external requirements and audit demands such as AAF, disclosure, TPR deadlines etc
- Preferably educated to degree level with a Professional Industry qualification such as PMI / CII.
- Client and trustee liaison experience
- Ability to check pensions calculations to a high standard of accuracy
- Full understanding of member calculation processes. Advanced technical expert for the team(s) on scheme knowledge, scheme types and governing legislation issues
- In depth knowledge of UK pensions legislation.
- Ability to communicate with impact to clients, Trustees and members
- Relevant Professional Qualification or working towards
- Experience of coaching and supporting in a high performing team.
- Experience of supporting the implementation of change. Experience of process analysis and improvement.
- Experience of Budgets and client profitability management
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong communication.
- Analytical Problem solving skills.
- Strong team player to work closely with Administration Service Manager and as well as with the wider Mercer Outsourcing Management Team.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple lines of operating teams and LOB’s
- Ability to motivate team members
- Coaching skills
Education: Postgraduate degree