Mercer Investments is a leading global provider of investment services. We offer customised advice at every stage of the investment decision, risk management and investment monitoring process. We have been dedicated to meeting the needs of clients for more than 30 years and have been named European Investment Consultancy of the Year for the last five years by the Financial News.
The Investments team in Bristol are looking to employ an Investment Analyst who is making good progress through the Actuarial or Chartered Financial Analyst exams. In addition you will study for the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) and will benefit from Mercer’s generous study package to support you in these studies. The job holder will have gained investment/pensions knowledge through previous full time employment in this field. Through the Mercer structured development programme and on-the-job training you will be supported, coached to allow you to develop further
Produces reports containing complex investment advice and checks or reviews more basic reports
Acts as main support/project manager on a range of DB Pension Fund clients, ensuring lead consultant receives the appropriate level of support.
Attends and participates in client meetings
Determines appropriate investment strategies and structures for clients, engaging with specialist groups where appropriate
Supports analysts with manager selection exercises, checking for inconsistencies and ensuring the clients needs are being addressed
Liaises with other internal teams and clients to ensure that any changes to the investment manager arrangements occur on time and in the most appropriate manner
Liaises with other specialist teams and other Mercer business lines to deliver a streamlined service to clients
Keeps clients informed of major developments within the industry, including governance issues and changes at investment management firms
Acts as a mentor and role model for junior analysts, delegating work as appropriate to utilise and develop skills, knowledge and confidence.
Ensures all professionalism/compliance processes are understood and followed
Proactively offers contributions and ideas to consultants
Deals with queries received from clients, investment managers, third parties and other Mercer business lines
The following skills, experience and qualifications are required for this role:
- Understanding of trends in the pension and investment marketplace, how pension funds operate and market conditions
- Making good progress with the Actuarial or CFA exams and willingness to complete Investment Management Certificate
- Sound mathematical background
- 300 UCAS points with grade B or above in A' level maths (equivalent qualifications accepted) and 2.i in any numerate or semi-numerate degree discipline
- Takes ownership for work, always ensuring standards and deadlines are met and keeping others informed and up-to-date
- Works well under pressure, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Openly shares information and own expertise with colleagues
- Possess excellent team working skills
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self motivated with an eagerness to learn
- Challenges existing practices and conventional thinking
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.