EY, Senior Manager, ITRA, IT Assurance, Financial Services, Edinburgh - LON007VR
About the Opportunity
Are you ready to take control and deliver impact? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for Senior Managers to join our IT Assurance due to the rapid growth within the team.
IT risk and assurance (ITRA) is growing fast. For you, that means great opportunities in IT controls, IT assurance and IT risk, as we continue to expand into areas like cyber security and data risk
You will join a fast-growing EMEIA team of over 400 IT Risk and Assurance professionals dedicated to the Financial Services industry, with over 100 based in the UK. Our ITRA professionals work closely with some of the world’s most prestigious financial organisations on key IT issues.
Senior Managers are proactive in contributing to and supporting the execution of EY’s strategic goals and objectives; leading by example and acting as a role model for EY people in the way that they live the EY values.
Your role as a Senior Manager will require you to lead proposals and bid activity including presentations for complex projects or elements of highly complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals. Drawing on your skills and experience, you will create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. You will package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource on one or more services, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems. Driving improvements in business processes, you will serve as a role model for Quality & Risk Management and make sure that project teams comply with guidelines.
- Lead and deliver large-scale ITRA engagements
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to Partners and Clients
- Assist Partners and Directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
Technical skills requirements
You will be able to demonstrate leadership experience and client knowledge gained from substantial experience across a number of the following areas of Information Security:
- Cyber Security/ Cyber Crime assessments, implementation or cyber frameworks (e.g. NIST) – including any past experience with security operations and knowledge of SIEM solutions
- Security strategy and transformation / business change / programme management / target operating modelling
- Security architecture design and implementation
- Security assessments, e.g. ISO27001, PCI DSS
- Identity and Access Management
- Data Protection and Privacy
- IT Resiliency
- Experience and understanding of Financial Services
- Strong academic record including a relevant undergraduate (Bachelors) degree
- Awareness of National and International security standards
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Project management experience - Prince2 / PMI / MSP
- Team Leadership / Management experience
- Security certifications such as CISSP, CISA or CISM
- Track record with a Big 4 consulting firm and/or a blue chip organisation
- Proven experience in business development and account management with track record in solutions selling and development
- Excellent communications skills at all levels
- Executive presence and presentation skills
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you’ll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Education: Postgraduate degree