EY, Senior Manager, IT Assurance, Financial Services, Manchester - MAN00199
Education: Postgraduate degree
About the Opportunity
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our IT Assurance team due to the rapid growth we are experiencing.
IT risk and assurance (ITRA) is growing fast. For you, that means great opportunities in IT controls, IT assurance and IT risk, as we continue to expand within our regional offices into greater areas of assurance and into areas like cyber security and data risk.
You will join a fast-growing EMEIA team of over 600 IT Risk and Assurance professionals dedicated to the Financial Services industry, with over 150 based in the UK. Our ITRA professionals work closely with some of the world’s most prestigious financial organisations on key IT issues.
To assist in building and developing the relationships with EY’s extended assurance team across our UK business outside of London to ensure IT integration and delivery leadership. Supporting relationship development with key client stakeholders within Leeds, Manchester and other regional locations. Delivering across a range of IT assurance and risk opportunities.
You will drive the ITRA growth across our broader IT Assurance solution set, building relationships with key clients and meeting their wider IT assurance needs across the full range of technology and operational risk areas.
In your role as a Senior Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering and leading complex and large scale client assignments
- Growing the business and revenue line
- Business and solution development aligned to client needs
- Leading proposals and bid teams
- Development of the management and leadership team
- Raising industry profile of yourself and the team through publications, events, briefings, etc
- Leveraging existing long-term trusted advisor relationships
- Liaising with other EY teams and functional specialists
- Lead ITRA engagements
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements
- Assist partners and directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within both our Advisory and Assurance practices.
- Be seen as a subject matter resource in the Financial Services industry as it relates to ITRA services and assurance methodologies
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training ITRA professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
- Help sustain and expand a team of ITRA professionals.
Technical skills requirements
You will have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
- IT external audit support including Financial audit IT integration
- IT internal audit
- IT extended assurance (e.g. IT application controls, IT dependent manual controls)
- Third party reporting, e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06, SOC2
- Experience of the IT elements of regulatory reviews (e.g S166, client money, Sarbanes Oxley 404, Solvency II or Basel II)
- Experience working for a professional services consultancy firm or blue chip industry firm in IT internal audit, IT External audit, IT risk / technology)
- Experience within the Financial Services industry and a good understanding of technology landscape
- Understanding of UK and EMEIA regulatory environment
- Track record with a blue chip consulting firm and/or a blue chip industry firm
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you’ll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Education: Postgraduate degree