EY -Financial Services Operations Advisory Executive - LON009IN
Business Area: FSO Performance Improvement
Sector: All: Retail Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management and Insurance
Drawing on its reputation for providing deep industry experience and leading Advisory services to the Financial Services industry, EY is currently further expanding its Performance Improvement practice.
With an unmatched reputation for industry insight, technical expertise and delivery excellence, EY is experiencing significant growth within its Financial Services Performance Improvement consulting practice.
EY are continuing to expand our Operations Advisory team and are looking to recruit individuals with combined sector and Operations knowledge to join this team.
EY have already attracted significant talent from both industry and consulting to drive the growth of this business, and are now looking to recruit high calibre individuals at Executive level.
Profile and Skills
EY are looking for candidates who have ideally been through a graduate scheme or structured development programme with a recognised Financial Services provider or consulting firm and with good technical expertise in one of our key sectors (Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset Management). In addition, candidates will also need the following skills:
- Ambition to build / develop a career in advising Financial Services clients around operational improvement and revenue enhancement at EY
- Intellectual strength and flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions for clients
- Highly driven and committed to achieving solutions with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and excellent facilitation skills
- Potential to develop strong client relationships at all levels
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision (self-starter) in unstructured environments
Candidates will need prior experience and knowledge in one or more of the below competencies, obtained with the Financial Services industry
Understanding of front and back office functions and processes
Operational improvement / transformation experience – an understanding of how change can be enabled through operating model design, technology, process improvement, business requirements definition, applications and technology platforms
Revenue enhancement/distribution strategy experience, including market assessment, opportunity identification, channel dynamics, business planning
Your responsibilities as an Executive:
- High quality delivery on a client assignment, usually as part of an on-site project team
- Developing strong relationships with our clients
- Identifying opportunities for new business
- Aiding proposals and bid teams
- Assisting in development of EY solutions and supporting tools and methods
- Supporting EY practice and people development activities (e.g. recruitment)
- Liaising with service lines, client account teams and functional specialists
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is essential:
- Operating Model Design - Target Operating Model, Organisational Design, Functional Architecture, Locational Model, Application Architecture, Sourcing Models, Onshoring / Offshoring, Industry Utility Models
- Process Improvement - Business Process Re-engineering (BPR), Business Process Management (BPM), Workflow, Exception Processing, Process Control Review and Design, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Modelling, Process Metrics
- Business Requirements Definition - Functional Requirements Definition, Use Case Definition, Business Analysis
- Business Case Design – Cost / Benefit Analysis, Numeric Analysis, Scenario Analysis
- Front Office – Trading venues (Exchanges, Multilateral Trading Facility, Dark Pools), front office controls
- Operational risk and control frameworks
At EY our inclusive work environment means that everyone’s opinion is valued. This enables us to provide better advice and ideas to our clients, which in turn helps you develop as an individual to achieve your potential and make a difference.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Education: Postgraduate degree