Regulatory Insurance - Executive - LON007X9
At EY our Regulatory team offers you the opportunity to work with the biggest firms in the Insurance sector. You will be at the forefront of the latest changes to UK and international financial regulation with a focus on the Insurance sector. You will work on a range of issues at different insurance firms.
Our teams come from a range of industry sectors, with a goal to be able to work with our market leading clients to develop compliance solutions within the Insurance sector. In addition, the breadth of our advisory services, and the global nature of our business, allows our people to develop and grow based on their own personal goals and objectives.
Responsibilities of a Regulatory Advisory consultant in Insurance:
Analyse regulatory issues at clients, either via documentation review and/or interviews with client staff
Contribute to the articulation of EY findings, conclusions and recommendations in writing or verbally
Support the analysis of emerging regulatory issues, the articulation of an EY point of view and the development of an EY proposition
Skills and experience of a Regulatory Advisory consultant in Insurance:
- General and/or Life Insurance regulatory experience at the FSA (FCA or PRA), or in a Compliance function at a major insurer, broker or intermediary or another Advisory firm
- Up to date Regulatory knowledge effecting the insurance sector, including Conduct of Business, SYSC, and/or Governance
- Strong academic background of at least a 2:1 within a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Exposure to a compliance function at an insurer or broker
- Can translate regulatory requirements into practical solutions
- Experience with the design, development and implementation of internal regulatory controls for financial services business processes a plus
- Report writing and presentations skills
- Strong team player with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritise and challenge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work in a consulting role, with the ability to build networks and relationships
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Education: Postgraduate degree