EY, Senior Manager, Security, Strategy and Transformation, Financial Services, London - LON0094U
Do you want to engage your mind? If you want to join a team of forward thinking, motivated and likeminded individuals then EY could be for you.
It is an exciting time for our IT Risk and Assurance practice in Financial Services. Cyber is a Board level topic and widely recognised as an integral part of any Financial Service organisation’s risk profile. Our team helps clients understand and address the cyber risks impacting their business. We provide transformational services that have lasting impacts on the way in which our clients optimise their technology investments and manage value, cost and risk.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organisation offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. You will join a fast-growing EMEIA team of over 400 Cyber and IT Risk professionals dedicated to the Financial Services industry, with over 100 based in the UK. Our professionals work closely with some of the world’s most prestigious financial organisations on key issues.
Our goal is to deliver world-class IT Risk and Cyber Security advice as part of our broader risk and business improvement services. Our Cyber Security Services include:
- Cyber Strategy and Transformation: Defining risk appetite and assessing exposure, delivering strategy and operating models, aligning cyber controls and capabilities to business objectives, embedding security culture and sustaining security services.
- Cyber Threat Management: Providing world class threat intelligence, penetration testing, security monitoring, incident response and vulnerability management services.
- Identity and Access Management: Integrating identity and access management technologies or processes into clients' infrastructure, applications and business environment.
- Privacy and Data Protection: Helping clients understand, manage and protect their critical information assets to deliver on customer commitments and business objectives.
- Cyber Resilience: Developing resilience frameworks and strategy, identifying critical economic functions and delivering a holistic approach to operational resilience.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Manager to join our ever expanding team of Cyber Transformation professionals to lead multiple client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, develop our practice and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Senior Managers are proactive in contributing to and supporting the execution of EY’s strategic goals and objectives; leading by example and acting as a role model for EY people in the way that they live the EY values.
Responsibilities may include:
- Generate new business opportunities by participating in market facing activities and developing thought leadership materials. Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to introduce EY services.
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the firm. Participate in research and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Use knowledge of the current Cyber risk environment and Financial Service industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues, and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Foster relationships with client personnel to analyse, evaluate, and enhance information systems to develop and improve security at procedural and technology levels.
- Complete the draft and final reports and any other deliverables as specified in planning documentation. Ensure project documentation is complete and archived appropriately.
- Collaborate with the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work programs, timelines, and planning documentation. Work with the team to document the business processes dependent on IT. Ensure high-quality client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status, and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex enterprise systems. Use knowledge of the current IT environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues. Communicate with the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
To apply, candidates must have:
- Leadership experience and client knowledge gained from more than 10 years professional practise in IT risk and cyber security services
- Experience working within the Financial Services industry: Banking and Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management, and/or Insurance sectors.
- Strong understanding of cyber security concepts, technologies, principles and current market and business trends
- Experience developing Cyber Security strategies and architectures, leading large scale transformation change and embedding improvements into business as usual
- Strong existing relationships within the Information Security, Risk or IT executive ranks (e.g., CIO, CISO, CRO, Director of Information Security, SVP and VP of Information Security)
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact with senior management, technical SMEs, business partners and influence decisions
- Ability to influence and communicate within all levels of the organization
- Ability to mentor and coach others, working collaboratively in a team environment.
- It is essential that candidates are employed either in an Information/Cyber Security role now in Big 4, a recognized Global Management Consultancy firm or a large Financial Services organisation.
- As a consultant, this role will involve travel and candidates will need to be prepared to work across a range of locations, both domestic and internationally to meet client needs
Minimum of one security-related certification such as the CISSP, CISM, CIPP, CISA, CISM, CISCO, GIAC or other relevant certification required – essential.
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you’ll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Education: Postgraduate degree