Manager- Transaction Services (Reading)
Manager- Transaction Services (Reading)
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
AutoReq ID 108528BR
Job Title Manager- Transaction Services (Reading)
Country United Kingdom
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Transaction Services
Service Line Information
Our Transactions and Restructuring group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Our teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle.
Within this structure the TS Regions practice consists of a team of 100+ advising corporate’s, private equity houses and PLCs. We are driven by a passion to help our clients to execute transactions efficiently and maximise value.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
We have an immediate need for a Manager (C grade) to join our team in Reading, to support the growth of our regions TS business. Whilst the team has a particular focus on the Technology, Retail, PE and Healthcare sectors, the nature of our regions business means that staff work on a wide range of deal types and sectors. Individuals are also expected to be flexible and to work across the regional practice according to the needs of the business.
Specific experience of financial due diligence is required, but we will consider applications from exceptional individuals with similar skills (e.g. from undertaking IBRs in Restructuring). Individuals must have a recognised financial qualification such as ACA.
Key roles and responsibility
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Project management: individuals will be responsible for the delivery of client facing projects, being the main day to day point of contact for senior client contacts.
- Team work: individuals will be key team members on large complex assignments and will lead work streams on smaller and medium size engagements.
- Building relationships – individuals will be required to build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
- Developing people: individuals will need to demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. They will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others.
- Delivering quality service and time management: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). They will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities. Individuals will need to have excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Advisory skills: Individuals will provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client.
- Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks and ensure the Firm's frameworks are implemented. They will need to be able to construct scopes of work and engagement letters, and be responsible for all aspects of project management through SAP.
- The role will be based in the London office but may involve some travel to support the wider Regions team together with a high level of flexibility to meet the demands of working in a transaction based environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic background with a financial qualifications such as ACA (or equivalent)
- Experience of financial due diligence is required, but we will consider candidates with similar skills.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong personal impact
- Ability to perform consistently at a high level under pressure
- Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients: the client base in the Thames Valley is particularly diverse, including Enterprise, corporate and PE clients of different sizes, and as a result there is a particular requirement that project leaders at AD level are able to interact effectively with the most senior levels of client management.
- Ability to manage more than one project at a time and to report direct to partners/directors on small/mid-sized projects
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy