Data Analytics Advisor – Insurance
Data Analytics Advisor – Insurance
Location: London, United Kingdom
AutoReq ID: 104966BR
Job Title: Data Analytics Advisor – Insurance
Country: United Kingdom
Function: Advisory Management Consulting
Service Line: IT Advisory (P&T)
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In IT Advisory we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Within Financial Services Technology Enablement, our Data team focus on assisting clients to execute their strategy by optimising the use of their enterprise data. We enable our clients to get high quality information to the right people at the right time.
As part of this team, you will be working with some of the world’s largest clients within the Insurance services sector to help design and deliver a range of data solutions from real time executive dashboards, to enterprise data governance processes to enterprise data warehouse systems.
Due to huge market demand for our services we are recruiting into this exciting and growing team. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills working alongside some of the leading experts in the industry in this area and help develop new products and services for us to take to our clients.
Our key market propositions that you will help us shape and deliver for our clients:
- Enterprise data management – Tracking, controlling and improving information used in an organisation.
- Regulatory impact transformation – Capturing, controlling and managing the impact that regulation has on the enterprise.
- Rapid Business Intelligence – Delivering interactive, informative and creative reporting solutions for clients in short timescales over their financial, performance or risk data.
- Taking on important roles in executing large client programmes, delivering the highest quality service to our clients, meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Participating in Business Development initiatives, including bid proposal and contract / commercial management.
- Develop & sustain new client relationships.
- Helping to develop our core Data capabilities, products and services to meet client needs and keeping at the leading edge in our thought leadership.
- Help build key Technology Enablement propositions to go to market.
- Clearly articulate the FS TE propositions to clients and internal staff, acting as a champion for Data across the firm
- Taking an active role in the growth of the Data team and supporting the development of other team members through coaching and mentoring.
- Managing your own development in accordance with agreed personal, team and business goals.
Successful candidates will be:
- Proactive self-starters who can take ideas and turn them into practical reality
- Driven by the need to excel, in particular having a strong client focus
- Strong communicator with the personal skills to build strong and lasting client relationships
- Commercially aware - demonstrated ability to identify profitable opportunities for growing the business
Required Experience - Data:
We would expect that prospective advisors would have the following recent experiences and/or skills:
- Knowledge of data requirements and solutions for regulatory reporting (e.g. Solvency II and IFRS) in the Life Insurance sector
- Knowledge of data requirements for core accounting and general ledger processes in the life insurance sector
- Strong analytical, strategic and commercial experience
- A history of significant contributions to successful large scale (£1m+ p.a.) BI and Data Warehousing projects, typically within a Professional Services, Management Consultancy or Systems Integration organisation (typically Big 5) or relevant contracting experience
- A strong practitioner with previous experience in the Data & Analytics space (e.g. Information Management, Business Intelligence, structured and unstructured data, data Quality, Data Governance awareness of the finance function, its organisation, processes and systems, and the importance of management information within organisations
- Experience of more than one full project lifecycle delivery in high transaction volume environments
- Ability to work with business users to define detailed information requirements
- A proven track record in delivering high quality project, work-stream or assignment outputs
In addition, we would expect that prospective advisors would have several of the following recent experiences or skills:
- Enterprise Information Architecture with conceptual and logical data modelling skills, experience of both normalised and dimensional modelling with an understanding of which to use when.
- Experience of working with solution architects and DBAs to build or improve the performance of data architectures
- Experience of data migration activities through the design and implementation of data integration architectures, ETL workflows, batch designs or data profiling
- Experience in designing and implementing Data Governance frameworks, processes, policies and organisational structures (can include elements of Data Quality, issue management and ownership).
- Experience of design and implementation of market leading BI solutions such as Oracle, SAP, SAS, Teradata etc.
- Experience of designing and implementing reporting and analytic solution components in tools such as SAP Business Objects, IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, Oracle reporting & analytic solutions, QlikView, Tableau, SAS, SPSS or Microsoft reporting solutions.
Experience - Financial Services:
The successful Candidate will ideally have experience gained within the Insurance sector.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers' Forum on Disability we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our policy.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
Education: Advanced degree