Associate Director - Transaction Services, FS - Banking
Associate Director - Transaction Services, FS - Banking
Location: London, United Kingdom
AutoReq ID 108795BR
Job Title Associate Director - Transaction Services, FS - Banking
Country United Kingdom
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Transaction Services
Service Line Information
Our Transactions and Restructuring group is focused on continually enhancing value for clients across the deal and economic cycle. Our teams comprise of specialists capable of helping clients right through from conceptual thinking of buying a business to turning their business around in times of difficulty.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Are you looking for an exciting career in a rapidly growing team within KPMG? Do you want to work in a lively and energetic team where you will have the opportunity to advise some of the world’s largest Financial Services clients during strategic business transactions? Do you have extensive experience in the Investment Management Sector and/or extensive experience of delivering Transaction Services projects?
If so, then you should consider a career within the Financial Services Transaction Services Team at KPMG.
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle.
Within this structure, the Financial Services Transaction Services (FS TS) team comprises 42 professionals focused on Banking, Insurance and Investment Management deals.
We provide M&A advice and assistance to financial services clients of every size, and help them to deliver successful transactions. We focus on acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, initial public offerings (IPOs), market entry, financing and other transactions. We identify, structure and execute all manner of public and private market transactions, and provide support from initial analysis of strategic options and deal evaluation through to completion. We help our clients to identify upside opportunities and risks in their transactions and also assist as Reporting Accountants during Capital Markets processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements of underwriting investment banks.
We are driven by a passion to help our clients to execute transactions efficiently and maximise value.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions currently taking place in the market we are rapidly expanding the size of our team and have a need to recruit an Associate Director to focus on the Investment Management market in order support the growth of our FS TS business. Specific experience of financial due diligence and/or capital markets reporting will be highly regarded, but we would be open to receiving applications from exceptional staff who have the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills or market skills.
Key roles and responsibility
Associate Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record. As engagement managers, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice:
- Engagement management: individuals will be required to structure and lead multiple large, complex workstreams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments.
- Business development: individuals will be required to build, commercialise and sustain relationships with management team members for the benefit of the Firm. Individuals will be required to develop FS-TS propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients.
- Risk management: individuals will be required to identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
- Developing People: individuals will need to identify team member development needs and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer. They will act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
- Delivering quality services: Individuals will be required to monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities. Advisory Skills: individuals will use their extensive skills and experience to provide advice as a trusted adviser.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA.
- Extensive experience of managing transaction related engagements and/or complex financial sector audits, with a significant proportion of this experience within the Investment Management sector.
- Strong personal impact and self-awareness Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions.
- Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients.
- The ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams.
- It is expected that successful candidates would have either significant Investment Management experience and the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills, or to have significant transaction services experience and the ability to apply this in a new sector.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy