Chartered Surveyor - Real Estate Advisory Services - (RES)
Location: London, United Kingdom
AutoReq ID 106558BR
Job Title Chartered Surveyor - Real Estate Advisory Services - (RES)
Country United Kingdom
Function Deal Advisory
Service Line Restructuring
Service Line Information
In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Real Estate Advisory Services (REAS) are looking for a Manager to join their team in Restructuring.
REAS currently comprises nine Chartered Surveyors based in London, Bristol, Manchester and Edinburgh. The role is to be located out of the Canary Wharf London office however; there will be a requirement on occasion to work (sometimes internationally) from other offices or client site.
REAS offer a full range of property services to businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work, company side advisory and formal insolvency. The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The REAS team is not aligned to specific property specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Valuation experience would be of particular interest in the context of providing the audit team with support in valuation reviews. Applicants however, should expect to work across all property sectors and regions as situations and client demand.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
- Providing support to the REAS team when working with Partners and Managers within all sectors of KPMG, as well as Bankers, FTSE 350 clients, Finance Directors, CFO's, CEO's and Lawyers both nationally and internationally
- Helping to develop, with the support of an established team, a unique service offering and providing clients with an added value service
- Assisting the team in delivering the REAS business plan by providing specialist surveying expertise.
- Supporting and expanding the offering of the REAS team.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Chartered Surveyor with strong property knowledge (underpinned by sound valuation skills) and commercial business acumen
- Ability to work innovatively, learn quickly and ‘self start
- Ideally some corporate side advisory experience (either advising to businesses or through other work undertaken in / with corporates
- Corporate insolvency knowledge is important but will be balanced against the need for wider experience given the wide range of work undertaken by the team
- Desire to build extensive network of internal and external contacts across Deal Advisory and the wider firm
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with
- Willingness to embrace a steep learning curve, work across all sectors and travel across the country
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy