EY, Senior Manager, Risk & Resilience, London - LON009L8
EY is recognised as a leading independent provider of technology, security and risk advisory services, supporting organisations to address the challenges of governance, transformation, regulatory compliance and maximising value for money.
The Risk and Resilience team is a global team of over 1000 professionals focused on delivering leading edge risk management, resilience, business continuity, crisis management, cyber security, supply chain security, disaster recovery & service continuity solutions and more.
Our UK Risk and Resilience practice continues to experience growth as we leverage the diverse backgrounds of our team to help our clients understand their resilience challenges, then design and implement solutions that help shape their needs for years to come.
We work with FTSE100 and equivalent organisations around the globe to deliver large scale transformation projects, often requiring close collaboration with our international network of partner firms.
As a senior manager within our team, you will be responsible for leading our largest engagements, developing our team, and continuing to build our presence in the marketplace. You will be encouraged to take ownership of problems and solutions and expected to take a hands-on role in developing our products and services for the future.
You will be well versed in a broad spectrum of resilience disciplines, and just as comfortable operating in a practitioner role as you are as a consultant.
- Lead and deliver large-scale engagements
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to Partners and Clients
- Assist Partners and Directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Leading proposals and bid teams
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
Knowledge & Skill requirement:
The candidate will require significant experience of the design and deployment of resilience programmes across large scale, multi-site, international businesses. S/he will be experienced operating at (or reporting to) board level within major organisations and be able to discuss resilience within the context of business priorities as well as tactical activities.
Specific focus areas include a selection of:
- Organisational resilience
- Risk management
- Business continuity management
- Crisis management & exercising
- Technology resilience / IT disaster recovery
- Supply chain security
- Physical security
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business, including leading proposals and bid teams
- Acting as a career counsellor to a small team and being involved in the recruitment process as required
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalize these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- Appreciation of EY’s solutions / go to market abilities and how these service client needs
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at a C suite level and manage large cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in other locations
Our clients operate in dynamic, highly fluid risk environments. We are looking for people who are able to adapt to a variety of working environments and apply their problem solving skills to solve challenges wherever they may present themselves.
You will need advanced communication, writing and presentation skills. You will need to be able to take in, interpret and play back complex information with confidence. You will possess the drive, initiative and experience needed to uncover the true driving forces behind of issues and develop action plans to suit.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.