Senior Manager, General Insurance Actuarial, Pricing Analytics, London - LON009LD
Do you have the vision to see through problems? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our general insurance Actuarial team, specialising in Pricing Analytics. This is an opportunity to become part of the EY general insurance success story in London and across Europe.
The team have a strong reputation in the market for bringing bespoke offerings to our clients which recognise the individuality of our clients’ portfolios and needs. We have capabilities broader than the conventional actuarial fields of deterministic reserving, pricing and modelling: we also operate as part of wider consultancy projects embracing strategy, risk management, analytics, stochastic reserving, economic capital, capital optimisation, Solvency II and other prudential regime changes globally. We are at the forefront of these areas, with market leading tools and knowledge, built up over several years of iteration.
Our business model ensures that:
- our competencies extend beyond boutique actuarial consultancies;
- we leverage the synergies of being part of broader European and global actuarial teams;
- we enjoy the advantages of being part of "Big 4 firm" multi-service-line offerings; and
- we combine audit, audit-related and non-audit projects with a global client reach.
This means that there are a wide range of opportunities for you to grow and develop your wider business knowledge, and to build internal and external relationships across disciplines and across borders.
- Manage to completion the technical delivery and reporting for projects, as well as providing insight to projects in terms of technical content, consultancy skills and client management;
- Lead the dialogue with client project sponsors and fully manage expectations of delivery, content, timescales and cost;
- Review overall messages received by clients and to present to clients at senior executive and board levels;
- Contribute significantly to major consultancy projects as a subject matter expert; and
- Play your part in the development of intellectual property to support sales-oriented client interaction.
As a Senior Manager, you will assist Partners and Directors in client development in the following ways:
- Heading-up on specific areas of the development of intellectual property;
- Developing your own client network, adding new "cold contacts" to your existing bank of warm client contacts from past and current work;
- Handling the process of client proposals - receipt, clarification of needs, drafting, written and oral presentation.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- As a counsellor yourself, you will attend and participate in the review committees reviewing the overall performance of the team.
- Play a role in team administration tasks - such as feedback, counselling, finance, recruitment, learning, etc.
Technical skills requirements
You will have a degree-level qualification. You will have general insurance experience gained from working either in an insurer or at an actuarial consultancy firm. You will have experience of many if not all aspects of the pricing process including the building and developing of risk cost models, the deployment of price optimisation techniques and a deep understanding of many other areas required to execute pricing activity successfully (data, MI, systems, strategy etc.)
Through your previous pricing experience you will be able to have informed discussions on pricing systems and software how this may evolve, be expected to be knowledgeable about a wide range of personal lines and/or commercial lines classes of business, be able to offer a perspective on market leading pricing practice and be offer a view on how you feel pricing teams and tasks may change in the coming years. You will be aware of regulatory and legislative change that is to impact upon pricing and how new technology may disrupt the future pricing landscape.
You will need to be an effective communicator and able to deal with outward-facing client management on projects and on-selling. You will have an extensive track record of managing projects, pricing activity and individuals. You will require energy and dedication combined with a desire to fit in well, yet make your presence felt within our collegiate team.
You will be commercially savvy and be expected to actively engage in discussions on future market trends and what this may mean for our clients. You will be expected to have a broad understanding of how pricing can effectively engage with many other departments within a client and identify ways in which the insight gained in pricing can provide added value within these areas. You will be able to deploy your pricing knowledge across a wide range of internal EY departments (e.g. audit, transactions) as well as being expected to support pricing activity within Europe.
We are currently engaged in increasing our capacity within the pricing, product and analytics arena and see significant opportunity for further growth in this area. This is in response to the continual increase in levels of pricing sophistication and the adoption of wider analytics activity within firms for which pricing skills are often well placed to address our client’s needs. We are in a strong position to build on our existing client-base which varies by market sector, and by size. These projects are demanding an increased level of classic consulting skills - more intensive client interaction, much wider than actuarial, and up to senior executive and board level.
The team will be strengthened by experienced candidates who bring with them, or are willing to rapidly develop, both consulting skills and expertise in pricing and analytics activity.
You will assist our clients with their operational and strategic challenges, product development, and finance and risk functions. Your work will span the implementation of regulatory change such as Solvency II, finance and risk transformation, assurance and attest roles, and restructuring transactions.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.