Financial Services, Insurance Sector: Operations Advisory Consultant - LON007QH
Business Area: FSO Performance Improvement
Level: Executive (Consultant)
Drawing on its reputation for providing deep industry experience and leading advisory services to the Insurance industry, EY is currently further expanding its Financial Services Performance Improvement practice.
We are seeing continued and growing demand from insurers and brokers to assist them in dealing with their most pressing issues in the aftermath of the global economic crisis, including: changing customer behaviours, ongoing cost and efficiency challenges and continued regulatory change. We help our top tier insurance clients with the major transformational changes they are undertaking to respond to these challenges, through simplifying their business models, improving their processes and focussing on customer needs in established and developing markets.
EY expects industry developments, such as the continuing regulatory agenda and further market consolidation to reshape the strategy for insurers in both the short and longer term. We also anticipate that other insurer challenges, including the delivery of profitable growth targets, customer connectivity, cost and claims management, will lead to a continued increase in the demand for our advisory services.
We are currently seeking high achieving and motivated individuals for Executive (Consultant) level positions, who show strong potential and enthusiasm in growing and developing a consulting career with our firm. You will be working within our Performance Improvement Insurance team, consulting with our Top Tier insurance clients and working on projects focussed on addressing their most significant challenges.
Profile and Skills
We are looking for candidates who have ideally been through a graduate scheme or structured development programme with a recognised financial services provider or consulting firm. In addition, candidates will also need the following skills:
- Ambition to build / develop a career in advising insurance clients around operational improvement and revenue enhancement at EY
- Strong track record in project delivery
- Good understanding of the insurance value chain (including acquisition, distribution, customer management, underwriting, claims management, policy servicing and reinsurance)
- Intellectual strength and flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions to insurance industry clients
- Highly driven and committed to achieving solutions with the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Potential to develop strong client relationships at all levels
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision (self-starter) in unstructured environments
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in, other locations is essential
Candidates will need prior experience and knowledge in one or more of the below competencies, obtained with the Financial Services industry (preferably within Insurance)
- Understanding of front and back office functions and processes
- Operational improvement / transformation experience – an understanding of how change can be enabled through operating model design, technology, process improvement, business requirements definition, applications and technology platforms
- Revenue enhancement/distribution strategy experience, including market assessment, opportunity identification, channel dynamics, business planning
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.