Executive, Quantitative Advisory, Derivatives Valuation Centre - Financial Services - LON007OI
Executive, Quantitative Advisory, Derivatives Valuation Centre, London
About The Opportunity
Do you want to engage your mind? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for a Quantitative Assurance Executive to join our team to support this growing area of our organisation.
The Derivative Valuation Centre (DVC) is a fast-growing team sitting within Quantitative Advisory Services (QAS) practice, providing valuation, model review and model risk support services for audits of leading financial institutions and corporates in the UK, Europe and across the world. We operate predominately to support the Firm’s audit practice but also support Advisory, Actuarial and Transaction Advisory service lines.
As a DVC Executive, you will contribute technically to external client engagements and internal projects. An important part of your role will be to actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements.
Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks and raise any issues with senior members of the team. In line with our commitment to quality, you will ensure that work is of a high quality and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel more junior team members and help them to develop.
- Participate in Derivative pricing and valuation focused engagements
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the advisory practice and across other services
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting and retaining FSRM professionals
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
Ideal experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Demonstrable understanding of derivative pricing across multiple asset classes, latest market practices on derivative pricing adjustments and XVA modelling used for the trading, risk management or calculation of regulatory capital requirements.
- Experience of financial accounting practices, hedge effectiveness testing, independent price verification practices
- Modelling background, including experience in model development and/or model validation of derivative pricing models and tools, in-house or third party valuation software and corresponding risk management models.
- Knowledge of comparing and contrasting observed derivative pricing and modelling methods against a framework of good practice.
- Experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations or in the regulation of such institutions.
- Strong academic background including at least a 2.1 Bachelor's degree (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics preferred) or equivalent. / Professional Qualification e.g. CQF / CFA / FRM / PRM
- Practical experience and good knowledge of statistical and numerical techniques and principles of the theory of probability.
- Experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA/ Java / C++/ SQL/ R / Matlab / .NET
- Keen desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative skills within both a challenging and rewarding commercial environment
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience with managing expectations of both internal and external stakeholders
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you’ll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.