Business Intelligence - Advisor
Business Intelligence - Advisor
Location: London, United Kingdom
AutoReq ID 113086BR
Job Title Business Intelligence - Advisor
Country United Kingdom
Function Advisory Management Consulting
Service Line IT Advisory (P&T)
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In IT Advisory we leverage technology to help achieve clients' business strategy and help deliver sustainable business benefits.
Salary Range; £52,000 - £58,000 per annum plus negotiable bonus & benefits
Opening date for applications; 21st March 2016
Closing date for applications; 18th April 2016
Business Intelligence - Advisor
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Our Business Intelligence capability is a specific area of focus and growth for KPMG. We provide strategic, organisational and technical advisory work for our clients that allows them to exploit their information needs. As a member of this team you would be working amongst high performing teams, delivering industry leading Analytics, Reporting and Data Management capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of a Consultant (Advisor) within KPMG Business Intelligence has two specific area of focus, where the majority of their time will be spent on Client Service:
1) Client Service
- Delivery of high quality advisory and/or technical services to our clients
- Ownership of small pieces of work through to delivery
- Supporting our Managers, Senior Managers, Directors and Partners at our clients on their Business Intelligence journey
- Building lasting relationships with their key client stakeholders
- Being responsible for their work in the plan, flagging risks and issues
2) Practice & Business Development
- Utilising their previous and growing experience to build and develop knowledge within the team
- Developing and building on both their consulting and delivery capability
- Completing training to build their capability
- Supporting the development of bid proposals
Qualifications and Skills
- Advisory skills, be that in a consulting organisation or to internal stakeholders within non-consulting organisations
- Demonstrable capability delivering Analytics, Reporting and Data Management
- Able to talk, at high level, to the current BI marketplace and have an opinion on where the market is heading
- Proficient in MS office software
- Demonstrable understanding and/or experience in Analytics, Reporting & Data Management Tools
Experience and Background:
- Previous consulting experience with Big 4 Consultancy
- Advanced BI Skills using technology in list (Tableau, Qlikview, Alteryx, Spotfire)
- Proven delivery of BI Projects
Our Consultants will have experience in one or more of the below:
- Understanding the delivery of projects through a standard project lifecycle, as well as alternative delivery methods such as agile
- Analysing of data, identifying insights and providing hypotheses
- Contributing to data warehouse/data mart data models
- Contributing to ETL design documentation
- Contributing to data migration design and data quality analysis
- Analysing and documenting reporting requirements
Willingness to travel within the UK is essential.
While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of The Employers' Forum on Disability we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our policy.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy