Senior Manager, Quantitative Advisory Services - Derivative Valuation Centre - LON009NJ
Senior Manager, Quantitative Advisory, Derivatives Valuations Centre, London
About The Opportunity
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime. We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our team to help lead us through this great period of growth.
The Derivative Valuation Centre (DVC) is a fast-growing team sitting within Quantitative Advisory Services (QAS) practice, providing valuation, model review and model risk support services for audits of leading financial institutions and corporates in the UK, Europe and across the world. We operate predominately to support the Firm’s audit practice but also support Advisory, Actuarial and Transaction Advisory service lines.
As a DVC Senior Manager, you'll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of business by focusing on valuation related growth opportunities. You'll lead presentations and proposals for medium complex projects or elements of highly complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals.
Drawing on your skills, knowledge and experience, you'll create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit client and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. You'll package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource in Market Risk, leveraging knowledge and experience to service client problems.
Driving improvements in business processes, you'll serve as a role model for Quality & Risk Management and make sure that project teams understand and comply with our Q&RM guidelines. As a respected senior professional you'll communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and managers and work to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies.
- Provide industry-leading subject matter expertise across a variety of derivative pricing and valuation engagements.
- Perform a project leadership role on DVC assignments, including negotiating scope and budgets, managing and contributing to delivery, performing technical review of work completed and ensuring deliverables meet both client expectations and EY standards.
- Develop new market offerings and propositions for DVC, enhancing EY’s internal offering.
- Contribute to and lead proposals for advisory and assurance work.
- Liaising internally with other EY teams and service lines in the UK, Europe and globally.
- Perform overall quality & technical review of work delivered by the QAS team.
- Participate in and, as required, lead FSRisk engagements.
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, estimates and fees to complete, to partners and clients.
- Assist partners and directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships.
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients.
- Build strong internal relationships with in Advisory and across other services.
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring all levels of staff.
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff.
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training FSRisk professionals.
- Multi-tasking ability to deal with different engagements, thought leadership, proposals and people matter at the same time.
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills.
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff.
Ideal experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Excellent knowledge of Derivative Pricing across multiple asset classes, latest market practices on derivative pricing adjustments and XVA modelling used for the trading, risk management or calculation of regulatory capital requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of Derivative financial accounting practices, hedge effectiveness testing, independent price verification practices
- Excellent knowledge of Modelling background, including experience in model development and model validation of Derivative Pricing, pricing models, in-house or third party valuation software
- Substantial experience of comparing and contrasting observed derivative pricing and modelling against a framework of good practice.
- Substantial experience in Financial Services, either as part of an institution; in an advisory or business consulting capacity to such organisations or in the regulation of such institutions.
- Strong academic background including at least a 2.1 Bachelor's degree (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, or Physics preferred) or equivalent. / Professional Qualification e.g. CQF / CFA / FRM / PRM
- Excellent knowledge of statistical and numerical techniques and principles of the theory of probability.
- Strong experience in any of the following software development environments: VBA/ Java / C++/ SQL/ R / Matlab / .NET
- Keen desire to continue developing and integrating quantitative skills within both a challenging and rewarding commercial environment
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding;
- Project management and excellent report writing experience
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Ability to drive business development and contribute to the growth of the EY market solutions
As part of the Financial Services Advisory team, you’ll work with global companies combining your technical expertise, proven consulting skills and industry knowledge to help solve their most complex issues.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Education: Postgraduate degree