Restructuring Senior Manager
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
AutoReq ID: 109399BR
Job Title: Restructuring Senior Manager
Country: United Kingdom
Function; Deal Advisory
Service Line Information
In Restructuring our clients and wider stakeholders vary considerably and include corporates (from mid-market to blue-chip), lawyers, hedge funds, lenders, PE houses, and public sector organisations.
Our service offerings develop in line with market demands and include advice on:
- Insolvency - both execution and advisory
- Exit planning and implementation
- Cash management - both crisis and strategic
- Lender advisory
- Corporate financial restructuring
- Operational restructuring, including turnaround, planning and implementation
- Impaired loan advisory services
- Chief restructuring officers
- Insurance solutions - insolvency services aimed exclusively at insurance companies.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG Midlands & South Restructuring team are looking for a Senior Manager to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
The corporate team where the vacancies exist is made up of approximately 60 people, led by a team of four partners and a five directors, who are looking to bolster the team following a period of substantial activity and growth in certain areas of the business.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work and company side advisory. Work also extends to formal insolvency, but the current opportunity is available to deliver advisory projects. The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress. The region covered by the team extends across the East and West Midlands and into the South West from the Thames Valley across to Devon & Cornwall, including South Wales.
The team is not fully aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants, with Senior Managers expected to develop particular focus to aid business development. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager to join the team. Base location is potentially flexible but ideally Birmingham or Nottingham. Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
Roles and Responsibilities:
To be an effective Senior Manager within the Midlands & South team you will undertake the following:
- Frequently acting as day to day lead for delivery of client advisory projects or significant insolvency work streams, taking the role of a key contact on engagements
- Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including solicitors and contacts at Banks and other lenders)
- Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple work stream delivery
- Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices
- Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
- Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances
- Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input
- Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals and client sales presentations
- Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues / challenges faced by businesses in your specialism areas
- Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
- Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
Qualifications, Competencies and Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams. Note applicants are sought with strong experience in stressed / distressed company advisory work, rather than an insolvency focus.
- Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders
- Strong commercial and business acumen, with evidence of experience
- Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’, as well as experience leading teams of colleagues
- Insolvency qualifications and experience would potentially be beneficial, but the successful candidate will be expected to mainly lead advisory projects.
- Desire to build on existing skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
- Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
- Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
Applying with a Disability KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy