EY, Senior Consultant, Risk / Data Analytics, IT Risk & Assurance, London - LON0099K
Background to the Business
Data and Analytics is one of EY’s core business accelerators, and is integral to EY’s 2020 strategy and growth plans. The Data and Analytics community is rapidly expanding, and today consists of over 400 dedicated analytics professionals across the UK and Ireland. We have specialist teams in all of our service lines, with areas of specialty including:
Fraud Investigation and Dispute Services
Direct and Indirect Tax
Value and Business Modelling
The Risk Analytics team is part of EY’s IT Risk and Assurance practice, and forms part of our Assurance Analytics capability.
Due to the continuing growth of the Risk and Assurance business and increasing demand for analytic solutions by our clients, we are currently recruiting highly motivated analytics Senior Consultants. As part of the team, you will deliver analytic solutions to our clients in the UK&I, using data to provide insights into the risks that underlie our client’s businesses.
Our approach is built on the promise of our new employee proposition: “Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional experience of EY will last a lifetime.” The opportunity is now! If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, EY Risk Analytics is for you!
As a Senior Consultant, you will work on a wide range of analytics projects and be responsible for delivering to our clients, employing your data management, analysis, and visualisation skills. You will provide exceptional analytics services in line with EY’s professional standards.
Working with EY’s biggest clients in the UK and Ireland, you will work across a wide range of industries and sectors including Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Consumer Business, Health, and Government. You will leverage your consulting, analysis, and business process knowledge to identify and deliver insightful analytics.
Typical projects the team are involved in include:
Process analytics in major ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, or Peoplesoft)
Risk and control monitoring platform development
Data migration and reconciliation assurance
Data governance and quality reviews
Internal and External audit analytics
- Design and deployment of data analytics on assigned projects – including data extraction, analysis, and visualisation.
- Working directly on-site with EY’s clients, responding to client queries and requests.
- Scripting of analytics using SQL.
- Developing visualisation dashboards to identify areas of risk and present results to clients.
- Working effectively as a team member, taking responsibility for delivery on assignments, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress.
- Build strong internal relationships within Assurance Analytics, Risk and Assurance, and across other services.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for professionals with a desire to build a career in analytics, and who have experience in the following areas:
- A successful track record in data analytics consulting, with experience gained through a top tier professional services firm or consultancy (e.g. Big 4, Cap Gemini, IBM, or Accenture).
- Previous job experience in a data analytics team (e.g. Internal Audit Analytics, Customer/ Sales/ Marketing analytics, Business Intelligence, Management Information Systems, or Data management) within a large organisation.
- Working knowledge of the configuration of major ERP systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, Peoplesoft, Dynamics) and underlying data structures.
- Working knowledge of core financial processes (e.g. purchase to pay, order to cash) and their related risks and controls.
- Proven ability in SQL scripting, including writing stored procedures and data extraction/manipulation using queries.
- Demonstrated experience to create and deliver data analytics (analysis and visualisation) from raw data sources.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalize these into workable solutions which can then be delivered
- Appreciation of EY’s solutions / go to market abilities and how these service client needs
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
- Strong team player
- Flexibility to travel to, and work in other locations
Relevant and Desirable Academic and Professional Qualifications
Minimum 2:1 Honours Degree desirable
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Education: Postgraduate degree