Deloitte Digital, Developer or Senior Developer, Mobile, London
Mobile Software Engineers are responsible for software analysis, design, documentation, and programming to ensure product readiness for release and/or client use. This position works closely with project managers, QA, creative, and UX team members to ensure compliance with project needs.
- Assumes responsibility for planning, design, implementation, and testing for assigned system components of a moderate degree of complexity
- Writes product specifications and design documentation for assigned system components. Organises review and/or release of documentation when required
- Implements and executes tests of assigned portion of system components
- Initiates communication with members of other departments and other members of development to ensure effective implementation
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as required by the Engineering Procedures
- Recommends improvements to assigned portion of system components
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Demonstrable knowledge commercial knowledge directly-related experience within software development
- Experience of designing and developing mobile and/or web applications
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one current mobile operating system
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Has delivered at least one product, preferably in an Agile Development team
- Strong OOAD experience
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with integrating with other systems through web services
- Ability to translate product requirements into design specifications
- Strong working knowledge of mobile development environment
- Multi-threaded coding experience, along with both asynchronous and synchronous code
- Solid debugging (Xcode preferred) and problem solving skills
- Understanding of MVC development patterns
- Database experience on mobile devices
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines and work objectives; use resources effectively and efficiently; demonstrate reliable work habits; and organise and self-direct execution of tasks/duties
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work.
We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Undergraduate degree