Deloitte Digital, Business Analyst, Consultant to Manager, Edinburgh
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital. Deloitte Digital is committed to helping clients unlock the business value of emerging technologies.
Our Deloitte Digital Edinburgh Studio will be part of a network of studios spread across the globe, where we provide clients with a full suite of digital services - covering digital strategy, customer and user experience, content, creative, engineering and implementation across mobile, web and social media channels.
We combine fun with serious intent. At Deloitte Digital, business, creativity and technology intersect.
The team at Deloitte Digital includes creative designers, channel strategists, engineers, architects and product specialists ? a powerful combination of innovation, grounded in real business acumen and technical know-how. We have excellent industry knowledge to really understand our clients’ challenges and opportunities.
We believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our relaxed work environment, intense commitment to quality and a truly unique culture.
We build excellent solutions using agile methods and digital technologies which deliver great customer experiences, but we also work at Board level to address the cultural, governance, commercial and capability challenges that customer-focused organisations face as they embrace digital.
eCommerce Business Analysts have a highly collaborative and client facing role covering the full software development lifecycle from requirements elaboration through to UAT and go-live. Business Analysts work closely across client, supplier, architecture, UX, development and testing teams to ensure the solution delivers the agreed upon project requirements and meet the client's expectations.
eCommerce Business Analysts will have responsibility for:
- Facilitates workshops for the client and end users to agree functional and non-functional requirements
- Works with the client to agree and document detailed design and acceptance criteria for both functional and non-functional requirements and for project deliverables
- Executes gap analysis against proposed technologies
- Assumes responsibility for planning the requirements gathering and management processes
- Organises review and/or release of documentation when required
- Supports development teams by providing clarifications to requirements and design
- Initiates communication with members of other teams and across the business analysis team to ensure effective implementation
For Manager grade:
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst on major E-Commerce transformation projects either at a Consultancy or End User/Retailer
- Deep understanding of an industry domain
- Proven capability of interfacing with clients, managing their demands and expectations and challenging appropriately to truly understand the business need and requirements
- Proven experience in successfully leading requirement elicitation workshops
- Significant experience in creating requirements specifications, process models and business rules for eCommerce solutions
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle with experience of testing the developed solution to ensure it meets requirements and expectations
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) combined with post-graduate experience in consulting or industry
- The right to live and work in the UK
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Ability to manage teams of 2-5 business analysts and mentor junior team members
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Experience of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts and the successful delivery of UAT
- Knowledge of good practice around usability, maintainability and accessibility
- Knowledge of the Scrum development process ( Agile)
- Experience with design tools (e.g. Sparx EA, Aris)
- Experience in developing UI wire-frames
- Experience of software development
- Experience with continuous integration and testing tools
- Interest in developing the organisation, building and documenting processes, and evaluating tools
- Experience of design & implementation of market leading packages in the following functional areas:
- Commerce (Oracle ATG, hybris, IBM WebSphere Commerce Server or similar)
- Search & merchandising (Oracle Endeca, Fredhopper or similar)
- Content management (Adobe CQ, OpenText ECM, Oracle WebCenter or similar)
- Order management (IBM Sterling Order Management, Manhattan Order Lifecycle Management or similar)
- Product information management (hybris, Heiler, Stibo or similar)
- Digital asset management (Adobe CQ, OpentText Media Management, Oracle WebCenter or similar)
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Postgraduate degree