Deloitte Digital, Advisory & Design – Business Analysts, Consultant or Senior Consultant – Defence, Security and Justice, London
Our rapidly growing Public Sector team has a simple goal: to be the leading digital adviser for public bodies embracing the Digital by Default agenda. We cross the divide that most suppliers to Government cannot bridge. We build excellent solutions using agile methods and digital technologies which meet the Service Standard, but we also work at Board level to address the cultural, governance, commercial and capability challenges that the Public Sector faces as it embraces digital.
We have a strong and ever growing presence in the Defence, Security, and Justice (DSJ) sector. Our relationships and the depth and breadth of our skills means that we have been asked to work with our DSJ clients at the heart of some of the biggest and most ambitious programmes undertaken in this sector.
Deloitte Digital Business Analysts have a highly collaborative and client facing role covering the full software development lifecycle from discovery of the business’ requirements through to go-live. They work closely with the client and delivery teams to ensure the solution meets the need of the end-users and the client's expectations.
If you are an experienced Business Analyst with a passion for digital, willing to travel within the UK and work with our DSJ clients, and are either already security cleared or willing to be, then this opportunity is for you!
As a Business Analyst at Consultant grade in the Deloitte Digital DSJ team you will have responsibility for:
- Shaping the digital strategy and delivery approach for our DSJ clients, applying your experience of digital solutions and techniques to help them achieve their goals
- Activities including senior stakeholder & end-user engagement; business, technical and systems analysis; requirements capture and definition; product & service design; and communications
- Bringing your Agile experience and working with colleagues using Deloitte Digital methods and tools to design and deliver high quality digital solutions for frontline end-users
- Working with Product Owners to create and maintain a prioritised product backlog, including the creation and sign-off of user stories
- Working with those across the Agile delivery lifecycle including User Experience, Creative, Architecture, Development, Integration, Test, Business Change, and Project Management
- Conducting research into new topics of interest to our clients and developing thought leadership that is relevant and valuable to them
- Participating in business development activity such as developing and responding to opportunities, preparing materials for client presentations and pitches, and taking part in marketing activities
- Participating in practice development activity such as developing internal training courses and organising events
Successful applicants at Senior Consultant grade will also have responsibility for:
- Shaping, scoping and leading teams or workstreams within larger programmes
- Working closely with programme leadership to monitor workstream progress, manage risks and dependencies
- The alignment of the business analysis workstream with others in a wider programme
- Overseeing the alignment and contribution of business analysts across multiple delivery teams
- Managing teams of 2-5 business analysts and mentoring more junior team members
- Providing guidance and leadership to more junior staff across the practice
- Working with the business analysis leadership team to develop our methodologies and shape our position in the market
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience as a Business Analyst working on digital or technology transformation projects either at a leading consultancy or Government organisation
- Experience of discovering, capturing, and documenting the needs of end-users, and taking ownership of them during the delivery lifecycle through to go-live
- Experience of Agile delivery projects using Agile tools and methods, working as a team-player in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience and a passion for working within Central Government and preferably the DSJ sector
- Proven capability of working successfully with senior client stakeholders and end-users, quickly building successful relationships and establishing credibility
- A passion for digital and technology, with the drive and determination to continually learn new things and develop yourself
- Strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- A good graduate degree (1st or Upper Second) from a reputable university, or a track record of experience that demonstrates capability and credibility at a comparable level
- The right to live and work in the UK, be a British national (ideally not dual nationality), and have lived in the UK for 9 out of the last 10 years
It would be desirable for you to also have an understanding of or experience in:
- Software product design, development of UI wireframes, and prototyping
- Target operating models and business process design
- Software development, product integration, and testing
- The market leading packages and platforms used for digital application design, Agile software development and delivery management, data analysis, and digital content management
- Designing and building digital solutions that meet the Digital by Default Service Standard
- Digital delivery project roles such as User Researcher, Agile Coach, Product Owner, UX Designer, or Delivery Manager
- The political, commercial and technology challenges faced by the Central Government and DSJ sector, and how digital technologies and delivery approaches can help solve them
Candidates should either already hold a level of security clearance or be willing to attain it. Deloitte will assist you in this process should you not already hold it, and we will discuss this with you in more detail during your application process.
About Deloitte Digital
Part business, part creative, part technology: one hundred percent digital. Deloitte Digital is committed to helping clients unlock the business value of emerging technologies.
Through eleven studios spread across the globe, we provide clients with a full suite of digital services, covering digital strategy, product design, user experience, creative, engineering, and implementation across desktop, mobile, web and social media channels. We combine fun with serious intent. At Deloitte Digital, business, creativity and technology intersect.
The team at Deloitte Digital includes creative designers, channel strategists, engineers, architects and product specialists ? a powerful combination of creativity, business acumen and technical know-how.
We believe in our people, and we understand that quality of life directly impacts quality of work. We pride ourselves on our relaxed work environment, intense commitment to quality and truly unique culture.
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Undergraduate degree