Deloitte Digital Advisory, Consultant to Manager, London
Our Digital Strategists are responsible for helping our clients set the vision for digital initiatives, operating in a strategic advisor capacity and capable of translating business objectives into actionable recommendations and requirements. Senior Consultants are subject matter experts and will lead projects on a wide range of digital disciplines from mobile payments to social commerce - they will work with delivery teams to help guide and create capable digital solutions, operating in a flexible and iterative way with the technical and creative resources that are central to digital innovation and execution.
As a Consultant / Senior Consultant within Deloitte Digital, you'll be providing our clients with advice on digital change, helping them to exploit web, mobile and social media to strengthen their brand and grow their business. You'll be working with both our clients and the Deloitte Digital teams to define and optimise digital strategies and support them through digital and multichannel transformation programmes.
Digital Strategist will have responsibility for:
- Providing independent advice to our clients on their digital strategy and transformation programmes
- Managing workstreams and teams to deliver projects outcomes within budget and to time
- Interfacing directly with Deloitte clients to deliver project work in collaboration with client stakeholders
- Supporting the delivery of the full engagement cycle inc. pre-sales, sales, pricing, contract negotiation, delivery and closure
- Working closely with high performing multi-discipline teams, from User Experience and Creative to Engineering and Development
- Mentoring and developing our people, providing career guidance and acting as a role model
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A background in Digital Strategy either within Private / Public / Financial Services sectors or, eCommerce and multichannel (mobile / desktop / tablet / connected devices)
- Broad knowledge of trends across digital media (Web, Mobile, Social, Search, etc)
- Deep understanding selected digital disciplines (e.g., Channel Strategy, Mobile, Digital Marketing, etc)
- Passion for working collaboratively within and thriving in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Some domestic and international travel required on an intermittent basis
Additional desirable experience includes:
- First hand experience of strategy and product development, or business transformation in a digital context
- Experience of working closely with digital and creative professionals
- A broad understanding of the technology and vendors with which our clients operate
- An understanding of and experience in the Software Development Lifecycle
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Postgraduate degree