Education: Postgraduate degree
The Team Lead for Analytics/Lead Statistician is responsible for delivering and managing data-driven projects. They are also responsible for building strong commercial and long-term relationships with key account clients and prospects. This includes maximizing revenue opportunities to an annual sales target. They will also take an active role in developing and building their team through hiring, training and mentoring.
The candidate should possess:
- Experience delivering multiple analytical projects from initiation to delivery, including data collection, processing, validation, analysis and model building.
- At least 5 years hands on experience using leading statistical analysis and modelling packages (preferably SPSS but not essential)
- Extensive knowledge of analytics methods, their application to business questions, data and information management, internet culture and business applications and systems
- A degree in statistics, maths, science or engineering is required
- Experience in data management and querying skills
- Experience in running and analysing surveys
- Several years’ experience across industries with primary focus on the value of data and information management, internet culture and business applications
- Experience with a major business consulting firm or a software provider for solutions that design, develop and deploy state-of-the-art, data-driven predictive models to solve business problems using the latest and most appropriate technologies in statistical modelling and machine learning.
- Good understanding of proposition development, proposal development and high impact client presentations
- Exceptional client awareness, long term relationship building and sales skills
- Excellent communication, consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Team player with the ability to deliver projects and to work within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Work with our industry teams to develop offerings and sales material that offer analytical solutions to known business problems, particularly to established businesses with legacy customer and data management solutions that require improvement
- Manage the tender process & lead RFP responses
- Business development of analytical projects and pipeline to ensure we achieve our sales targets
- Manage delivery of analytical engagements, providing analytical leadership, and mentoring other staff during engagements
- Provide leadership to the firm’s UK analytics team, developing their commercial and analytical skills
- Building deep and long lasting client relationships to enhance the reputation of BearingPoint as a trusted advisor and generate ongoing revenues
- Maximise contact with key accounts, key contacts and other critical people across the group and focus efforts to obtain new work and generation of new enquiries for BearingPoint
- Represent BearingPoint at seminars & conferences
- Ensure that BearingPoint is on relevant tender lists and preferred supplier lists
BearingPoint consultants understand that the constantly changing world of business demands holistic and adaptive solutions. We take pride in understanding our clients’ business, agenda and key challenges. We build strong and sustainable relationships based on trust and deliver leading edge solutions with confidence. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets to tailor solutions for our clients. This responsive and entrepreneurial approach is at the heart of the spirit of our people and has resulted in long-standing trusted relationships with many of the world’s leading organisations. Our 3500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
Education: Postgraduate degree