Senior Technical Consultant
We are recruiting technical consultants with strong academic and technology background who wish to develop their career as an Enterprise Architect. The focus is primarily business applications. As a Senior Technical Consultant, they will already have hands-on applications experience across the project lifecycle. This includes the key solution components – IT Programming, infrastructure, security and data. They will be able to direct teams and work on both business and technology-focused clients programmes.
Typically, candidates with bring a very strong technical background at University and/or Post Graduate level. Their experience will be across a range of solution design/development or system integration roles that include both agile and traditional waterfall methods. From this, they will have experience of working with businesses to define requirements, design, build, integrate and test new IT solutions as well as migrate data. They will understand how to architect solutions to ensure flexibility and longevity as well as to how to assure quality throughout the systems cycle.
They will have experience of projects as technical or solutions architect. They will understand and have advised on all the key components in any solution including technical infrastructure, databases, security and applications as well as its implementation and support.
They may have been part of teams on both client and supply side engagements. On the former, this may include defining client requirements, independent audits/reviews and package selection as well as IT Strategy and Transformation including application consolidation and cost takeout. On the supply-side, this may have included defining overall architectures and solutions as part of proposals/bids and managing the delivery of solutions and integration into the clients technical landscape.
- Experience of modern computing platforms including web, cloud and client-server
- Familiar with a variety of technologies, tools and techniques including application development and integration, programming languages, databases and data transformation.
- May also bring experience in the major enterprise architecture frameworks such as Zachman, TOGAF and COBIT as well as standards such as ISO27001, ISO2000, CMMI, PMBOK etc.
- Typically bring over five to eight years’ experience of technical project delivery working within a recognised consulting firm and /or client company.
- Candidate should be used to working in a team and unsupervised, able to learn new technologies quickly and develop solutions whilst working closely with the end users and client stake holders.
- Since our projects are both national and international you must be willing to travel.
BearingPoint consultants understand that the constantly changing world of business demands holistic and adaptive solutions. We take pride in understanding our clients’ business, agenda and key challenges. We build strong and sustainable relationships based on trust and deliver leading edge solutions with confidence. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets to tailor solutions for our clients. This responsive and entrepreneurial approach is at the heart of the spirit of our people and has resulted in long-standing trusted relationships with many of the world’s leading organisations. Our 3500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
Education: Postgraduate degree