Deloitte Consulting, Manager, Insurance Operations, Strategy & Operations, London
The Insurance Operations Practice covers all areas of general Insurance and life and pensions, from sales and marketing to core underwriting as well as key functions and their associated processes including finance, claims management, operations, and risk and regulatory management.
Market conditions, regulation and intense completion are driving large-scale change to the industry’s operating models, processes and customer propositions. The Insurance operations team, with its deep industry expertise carries out target operating model definition and implementation, post-merger integration, cost reduction, service improvement and process re-engineering. It also supports regulatory driven change and core technology transformation programmes. This is a high performing team with a strong focus on agile working, open communication, mutual support, trust and respect.
Benefiting from working with and learning from some of the top experts in your field, you'll develop quickly, add real value and build credibility in the industry. If you join us, it means multiplying your options and extending your expertise.
As a Manager in the team you will develop your leadership capabilities by effectively managing teams for the delivery of client work whilst also playing an active role in the career development of more junior team members.
To be successful in this role you will work on complex and challenging projects, engaging with Insurance executives to help them re-shape their operations and processes in response to an increasingly dynamic market.
You will have responsibility for:
- Delivering complex transformation projects
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong knowledge of insurance companies and their associated processes
- Supporting teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to deliver client work
- Managing teams and co-ordinating effective preparation of new Insurance operations processes and/or business designs
- Understanding and anticipating client requirements and develop relationships with key decision makers
- Developing work plans for engagements and producing exceptional deliverables for clients
- Leading business development work, including the preparation of bids and proposals
- Participating fully within the team and taking a lead role in the growth of the insurance practice
- Managing diverse teams and the overcoming the issues in managing these, demonstrating a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant experience within a major insurer or consulting firm involved in either General Insurance or Life and Pensions
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK Insurance industry and market
- Excellent project and programme management disciplines including production of detailed project plans, key quality programme deliverables and working and delivering to strict time constraints
- Knowledge and understanding of risk, how to mitigate risk and protect the firm's reputation
- Ability to work collaboratively with the client to resolve issues, including competing demands, sensitive situations and conflicts with other groups
- Strong understanding of business issues and the latest market developments
- Excellent people management and mentoring skills with a strong focus on team development
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work on diverse teams with a diverse range of people
- Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
- Knowledge of methodologies including Lean, Six Sigma, Enterprise Cost Reduction, BPR techniques and implementation methodologies would be beneficial
- Ability to understand the diverse requirements of clients and the need to work on projects in differing geographies and time zones
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work.
We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Undergraduate degree