Business Development Manager - IT Due Diligence
BearingPoint is a leading management and technology consulting to corporate and mid-cap companies across Europe. One of our target sectors is Private Equity where we support buy side and sell side investment firms & advisors with our technical due diligence services to assure the successful outcome of the transaction from a technical perspective. We are looking for an experienced M&A IT Manager who will lead the business development of the practice for BearingPoint UK. The successful candidate will also be a key member of our firm wide M&A IT advisory team.
The M&A IT advisory team consists of a small scale team of PE specialists who will draw from the large pool of general business, functional and IT consultants across BearingPoint to staff these due diligence projects. The M&A IT Manager will refine and own the go to market strategy for the UK practice, be responsible for all commercial aspects of the role, develop senior client relationships, win business, lead delivery teams and grow the delivery capabilities of the team. The objective for the practice is to deliver 15-20 due diligence projects per year but also develop business opportunities during the hold period of any investment, leading to transformation work (for example, IT strategy, vendor selection, change management, CRM initiatives etc.).
- Work with the responsible Partner to develop and own the go to market strategy for the M&A IT advisory team
- Manage the commercial aspects including lead generation, business development, negotiations, delivery oversight, billing & collection, marketing spend, team management with the support of the responsible Partner
- Develop senior relationships at PE firms (investment partners, operating partners, portfolio partners) and suppliers to PE firms (financial due diligence firms, law firms, asset servicing companies, investment banks/finance providers)
- Own the marketing and communications strategy with external partners and channels
- Execute technical due diligence projects and oversee or support the multi-disciplinary delivery team
- Proactively improve the due diligence methodology, collate all case studies, maintain a referenceable client contact list
- Proactively support the product / service development to enter new sub-segments of the sector, new stages in the investment lifecycle of a target or to serve non-PE clients
- Work with other service lines and segments in the non-PE management and technology consulting business to sell and deliver services of the M&A IT advisory team applicable to non PE clients (for example, IT maturity assessments or IT strategy projects)
- Deep expertise in the investment process, due diligence process and portfolio services offered by Private Equity firms
- A high degree of technical expertise relevant for the technical due diligence of an M&A transaction (buy side, sell side, carve out) including IT strategy & organisational design, service delivery & management, IT architecture, applications, data management, infrastructure, hardware) for mid-size / mid-cap companies in key target industries including but not limited to Manufacturing & Distribution, Healthcare, Technology & Software.
- A thorough business understanding of how IT capabilities support the business processes across the full organisation of the target including Strategy Development, Business Planning, Financial Reporting, Customer Relationship Management, Marketing, Sales & Servicing, Supply Chain Management, Risk Management and Regulatory Reporting
- Technical skill in planning, implementing and managing IT infrastructure and information software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have proven capability of interfacing with clients, managing their demands and expectations and challenging appropriately to understand their business need and requirements
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work independently as well in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- A good graduate degree combined with post-graduate experience in consulting or industry
Education: Postgraduate degree