The IT Architect will work with existing clients and support the sales process by providing architectural oversight during implementation . They will serve as a technology expert and be a critical resource across multiple architecture disciplines spanning a range of industries. The candidate must be able to adapt to on-going change and work in a fast paced client facing environment to effectively manage the design and delivery of innovative technology solutions that meet defined business objectives. These technology solutions incorporate standard off the shelf software components, middleware, data and content solutions and integration as required. The Architect will be an innovative thinker with the clear vision and creative approach required to design compelling enterprise class solutions
- Achieve trusted advisor status with key client stakeholders and BearingPoint teams by consistently providing objective, well-informed, and pragmatic recommendations regarding architecture, design, technology and operational implementation options.
- Assist with Business Development activities by providing support on proposals and other initiatives and leading the technical discussion with clients during the proposal presentation.
- Translate client requirements into coherent solutions incorporating third party, in-house and custom components to meet the desired business outcomes.
- Work as an effective team member during an engagement by communicating relevant issues, requesting feedback and coaching team members.
- Ability to work alone or in a team to ensure quality, thoroughness and completion of engagement tasks within agreed time frames.
- Provide technical guidance on complex architecture challenges including the evaluation of technologies
- Provide advice on industry and solution trends to clients by analysing and planning their current and future IT needs.
Skills & Experience
- 8+ year’s industry experience in IT across one or more of Enterprise, Solution, Business or Data Architecture.
- Strong consulting aptitude and influencing skills.
- Broad experience base across multiple areas of software, hardware and integration technologies and demonstrable experience and expertise in bringing all of these respective technologies into a cohesive and effective IT architecture.
- Wide experience across a range of IT disciplines including Architecture, Development (including Agile Development), Analytics and Infrastructure.
- Ability to implement and manage architectural governance and advise project management and the customer on the solution architecture options, their impacts and risks.
Education: Postgraduate degree