Deloitte Consulting, Manager, Capital Markets Operations (Structural Reform), Strategy & Operations, London
The Capital Markets Operations Practice helps clients improve their efficiency, effectiveness and control associated with operating in the traded markets.
Using sophisticated tools and methodologies, the Deloitte Capital Markets team plays an active role in the design and operating models for transformation programs, process transformation and / or business requirements for front office, product control, risk management, middle-, back-office and compliance functions for investment banks and capital markets entities.
Benefiting from direct client exposure and working with and learning from some of the top practitioners in our field, you will be given the opportunity to develop quickly, add real value for our clients and build credibility in the industry from an early stage.
As a Manager, in the team you will develop your leadership capabilities by effectively managing teams for the delivery of client work whilst also playing an active role in the career development of more junior team members. You will also work as part of a team of industry specialists providing consulting services to top tier investment banks and you will quickly build upon and/or develop industry knowledge and become an expert in trading and booking processes, risk management activities, legal entity structure and large scale transformation.
To be successful in this role of working on complex and challenging projects, you will need to focus on the front-to-back operations of trading activities as well as understand client needs and translate them into feasible solutions aligned with the banks’ overall strategy.
Assignments will be focused across the full spectrum of the capital markets industry and will include:
- Business Booking Models Optimisation (Cash, derivatives)
- Legal Entity Strategy design and implementation
- Operating model design and delivery
- Market infrastructure
- Process Transformation
- Cost Reduction
- Risk and Regulation
- Business process strategy and redesign
You will have responsibility for:
- Identifying the regulations affecting the design of a bank’s new strategic structure and booking model for clients
- Analysing key regulation and understand their structural impacts on the organisations being advised. Understanding the impact of “ring fencing” assets / liabilities or businesses on a Bank’s business model and wider considerations perspective
- Being able to identify ‘solutions’ and being able to communicate these to senior management.
- Taking an active role in the design and delivery of Business Booking Models and Legal Entity Strategy for transformation programmes for investment banks and capital market entities
- Understanding client needs and translating them into feasible solutions aligned with the project strategy
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them and a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of investment banking and capital market instruments such as OTC derivatives, bonds, futures and money market and their booking models
- Knowledge of key Structural Reform Initiatives (e.g. Ring fencing / Liikanen, Recovery and Resolution Planning, Dodd Frank, MIFID II)
- Good experience of one or more elements considered in a legal entity and business booking optimisation programme: This may be for instance ringfence design, control function design ,regulatory capital, liquidity, treasury.
- Knowledge of front, middle or back office processes in the major capital market participants including investment banking, market infrastructure, custodians, hedge funds etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous external or internal consulting experience
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Full travel mobility
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Postgraduate degree