Deloitte Consulting, Manager, Banking Operations, Strategy & Operations, London
The Banking Operations Practice covers all areas of banking, from retail, commercial and transaction banking across channel, middle or back office operations to account servicing, payments, card operations, credit operations and collections and recoveries. Our aim is to strengthen our position as the market leading Operational consultancy in FSI, helping and working with our clients to address their most complex challenges.
The impact of increased regulation, and the focus on customer experience and digital banking alongside the more traditional objectives of efficiency, automation and complex transformation, has forced large scale change to the industry’s operating models and service definitions. Banking Operations, with its deep industry expertise, carries out target operating model definition and implementation, M&A integration, cost reduction, risk & regulatory driven change programmes and supports core technology transformation.
Despite being a high performing, market-leading team there is also a strong focus on agile working with a widespread commitment to open communication, agile working arrangements, trust and respect. Benefiting from working with and learning from some of the top experts in our field, you'll develop quickly, add real value and build credibility in the industry. If you join us, it means multiplying your options and extending your expertise.
As a Manager in the team you will develop your leadership capabilities by effectively managing teams for the delivery of client work whilst also playing an active role in the career development of more junior team members.
To be successful in this role, you will be a subject matter expert, taking a lead on projects whilst developing innovative thought leadership. You will have the opportunity to learn from the best in the Business and also help recruit the best people, coach and support them whilst driving activity such as proposition development and marketing.
Assignments will be focused across the full spectrum of the retail banking industry and may include:
- Banking Efficient and Automation
- Complex Banking Transformation
- Structural Reform and Regulation
- Front-to-Back Digital Banking
Manager will have responsibility for:
- Delivering complex transformation programmes
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong understanding of retail banking companies and their associated processes
- Guiding teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to deliver client work
- Supporting, managing and leading team members
- Managing teams and co-ordinating effective preparation of new retail banking operations processes and/or business requirements
- Understanding and anticipating client requirements and develop relationships with key decision makers
- Developing work plans for engagements and producing exceptional deliverables for clients
- Leading business development work, including the preparation of bids and proposals
- Participating fully within the team and take a lead role in the growth of the banking practice
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them and having a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to create a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant experience within a major bank, building society or consulting firm directly involved in delivering change across the value chain
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK banking industry and market; of specific interest is experience of distribution channels, middle, or back office operations
- Excellent project and programme management disciplines including production of detailed project plans, key quality programme deliverables and working and delivering to strict time constraints
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to articulate complex ideas to all levels of an organisation, and effectively lead and manage all key stakeholders
- Ability to thoughtfully works with the client to resolve issues, including completing demands, sensitive situations and conflicts with other groups
- Strong understanding of business issues and the latest market developments
- Excellent people management and development skills with a strong focus on team development
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work on diverse teams with a diverse range of people
- Ability to proactively nurture talent constructing meaningful relationships
- Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
- All applicants are required to understand risk, how to mitigate risk and protect the firm's reputation
- Knowledge of methodologies including Lean, Six Sigma, ECR, BPR techniques and implementation methodologies would be beneficial
- An understanding of the diverse requirements of clients and the need to work on projects in differing geographies and time zones
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Undergraduate degree