Deloitte Consulting, Director, Capital Markets Operations, Strategy & Operations, London
The Capital Markets Operations Practice helps clients improve their efficiency, effectiveness and control associated with operating in the traded markets.
Using sophisticated tools and methodologies, the Deloitte Capital Markets team plays an active role in the design and delivery of operating models for transformation programs, process transformation and / or business requirements for front office, product control, risk management, middle-, back-office and compliance functions for investment banks and capital markets entities.
Benefiting from direct client exposure and working with and learning from some of the top practitioners in our field, you will be given the opportunity to develop quickly, add real value for our clients and build credibility in the industry from an early stage. You will be working closely alongside the Directors and Partners and have the opportunity to learn from the best in the business and also help recruit the best people, coach and support them whilst driving activity such as proposition development and marketing.
To be successful in this role of working on complex and challenging projects, you will need to focus on the front-to-back operations of trading activities across the full trade life cycle as well as understand client needs and translate them into feasible solutions aligned with the banks’ overall strategy.
You will be a subject matter expert leading multiple, high-profile projects and bids, whilst developing innovative thought leadership.
Assignments will be focused across the full spectrum of the capital markets industry and will include:
- Operating model design and delivery
- Process Transformation
- Cost Reduction
- Risk and Regulation
- Business process strategy and redesign
- Product control
- Front to back trading
- Market infrastructure
Director will have responsibility for:
- Project focus around capital markets, from sales and marketing through to defining key functional processes including finance, risk and regulatory management.
- General process performance (efficiency, error / waste elimination, re-engineering etc.
- Technology transformation support - business process and organisation re-design around a large systems migration.
- Understanding and anticipating client needs based on a strong understanding of insurance services and their associated processes.
- Leading and guiding teams in selecting and applying the most appropriate tools, techniques and approaches to deliver client work.
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Knowledge of investment banking and capital market instruments such as OTC Derivatives, Bonds, Futures and money market
- Knowledge of front, middle or back office processes in the major capital market participants including investment banking, market infrastructure, custodians, hedge funds etc.
- Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing large engagements on time and within budget
- Strong business development and client management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Full travel mobility
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
• Strategy & Operations
• Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Postgraduate degree