Deloitte Consulting, Cyber Information Security Engineer, Consultant/ Senior Consultant/ Manager, London
In a rapidly changing world where information has a significant value, supply chains are interconnected and there is uncertainty when doing business on a global basis, the security and resilience of operations has become a board level issue.
Our team has grown very rapidly over the past few years, and continues to do so. We have the largest UK Security & Resilience team of the "big-4", with over 180 professionals in the UK. The team combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise. We provide our clients a full spectrum of services encompassing information security, corporate and physical security and business and technology resilience to help our clients fix their issues and bring them real, long-lasting benefits.
The environment at Deloitte is made up of intellectually curious, smart people; including world class security experts - you could become one of them or simply learn from them. Your mix of work will help foster your leadership skills and you'll develop a peer group whom you respect and have fun with. In addition, you will have the opportunity to identify areas of work which are of particular interest to you. You can drill deep and become an expert, grow as a generalist or develop a specialism within an industry sector.
We are looking for experienced security professionals, with experience across a range of information security disciplines. Successful candidates will be required to work across a variety of competencies, such as information and cyber security strategy, security governance, ISO27001 reviews and implementations, Privacy and Data Protection assessments, PCI DSS and security transformation programmes. Deep expertise in one or more of these or other security domains will be seen positively, although not absolutely necessary provided the candidate has a strong, working knowledge across all levels.
- Assist clients in developing overall cyber security architecture and blue prints based on IT environment and overall business, technology and security objectives
- Advise clients in understanding the future state problems and challenges in cyber security and work collaboratively with them to enhance capabilities
- (Manager positions only) Act as the Lead Technical Architect and guide Deloitte project teams in designing cyber security architectures for clients and in developing & executing on actionable roadmaps to deliver on defined architectures & blue prints
- Security engineering design support for client and hosted customers
- Preparation of Security (Network/System) Infrastructure specifications or designs incorporating required information security features.
- Design, deploy, install, manage and operate Advanced Cyber Defence technologies including Security Information Event Management, File Integrity Monitoring systems, Threat Detection and Management Systems, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Deep Packet Inspection tools, Network/Endpoint Behaviour Analytics.
- Research, create and customize rules and signatures for IDS/IPS to meet emerging vulnerabilities and provide enhanced detection capabilities
- Vulnerability check using multiple intelligence gathering sources and provide written summaries of threat and vulnerability information
- Coordinate with the client team to ensure all devices and components perform as expected and perform troubleshooting and maintenance of assets
- Understand System Diagrams (logical and physical), Hardware/Software/Firmware Inventory, Ports, Protocols and Services listing, etc.
We are currently looking for Consultants through to Managers with specific expertise in the following:
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing an overall cyber security architecture (e.g., logical, physical, system integration) for medium/large organizations
- Strong experience in defining and/or implementing security tools, solutions to deliver cyber security and other IT capabilities across multiple layers of the IT architecture stack
- Proven track record in contributing to thought leadership in prior work places and/or external market place
- Strong domain expertise, implementation and/or integration skills in two or more of following areas:
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Incident and Event Management
- Threat Intelligence and Modelling
- Security architecture
- Security technologies (e.g., firewalls, security event monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention, malware detection)
- Data protection
- Application security/SDLC
- Network and Infrastructure Security
- Cloud security
- Encryption and Key Management
- Ability to talk in the language of technical team members, and then switch to the language of business managers
- At Manager level, to have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
- Qualifications such as CISSP, CCNA and CCNP
- Certifications from leading vendors
- Technical certifications
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with
our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards
Education: Undergraduate degree