We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Experts in both place and space, our policy and economics specialists enjoy positive working relationships among central government, key regeneration agencies, local planning authorities and developers, as well as involving the wider community in consultation on many projects.
Our integrated economics and policy skills allow us to optimise clients’ ability to achieve their objectives and to shape the future.
Our profound understanding of existing policy also allows us to influence and analyse future government and local authority policy on behalf of developers.
Working with both private and public sector clients, we have a wealth of experience of development consents and management, submitting applications and, where necessary, associated appeals. We primarily work for developers, major infrastructure providers, local authorities, development and regeneration agencies and major landowners.
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Economist to join our Cardiff or Bristol office, working across the West region. You will undertake economic research and analysis across a range of projects within the following disciplines:
- Planning and Economic development- economic impact studies, local economic analysis and forecasting, economic development strategies;
- Environment- socio-economic aspects of environmental impact assessment(EIA) environmental economics ( ecosystems services and environmental valuation);
- Energy-energy strategy, cost benefit analysis, financial modelling
- Transport- demand forecasting and economic appraisal
- They would also assist in the more general commercialization of our offer in Project Development and regeneration across all of our consulting services
As a Senior Economist you will take the lead on administering small and medium size projects with limited supervision, representing clients through progress meetings and meetings with external stakeholders. You should be capable of promoting the practice, look for cross selling opportunities and actively build your own professional network of contacts. You will work across the South West and Wales markets and would be expected to engage with economists in other UK offices as well as building links between Planning and Economics, Environment and Transactions Advice.
Requirements and skills
- Degree qualifications in Economics (preferably a masters)
- Typically around 7-10 years’ experience working as an economist
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Able to win work
- Able to manage projects and staff
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Must be prepared to travel occasionally for assignments
- Willing and able to mentor young staff
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help you with your work/life balance.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Education: Postgraduate degree