Analytics & Information Management (AIM)
Analytics & Information Management (AIM) is an exciting and thriving area of Deloitte's Technology Consulting practice, recognised as a key growth platform by senior management and pioneering innovative new business models. Our practitioners work across the UK as well as in major financial centres around the globe on challenging and stimulating engagements with leading global clients across strategy, advisory and implementation.
With “Big Data”, reference / master data management and regulatory reporting high on agenda of our clients, we have exciting plans to grow our business, and are looking to strengthen our practice with high quality, motivated and enthusiastic recruits, keen to maintain and enhance Deloitte’s reputation as a pre-eminent management consulting firm.
Who we work with
Deloitte’s Banking & Securities (B&S) team work with some of the largest UK and international Financial Services organisations, including:
- Retail Banks
- Investment Banks
- Mortgage Lenders
- Payment organisations
- Credit card providers
- Asset Managers
- Exchanges and utilities
- Financial regulators
These organisations are collecting and using more structured and unstructured data than ever before to drive their business, serve their customers and to meet the high standards stipulated by regulators. As data becomes more integral to the operations and management of the business, the business and regulatory environment in which they operate is becoming increasingly complex. This introduces new and ongoing challenges that organisations need to face in order to understand and make effective and efficient use of their data. Being able to effectively manage data is becoming not just a differentiator, but an essential part of any financial services organisation’s ability to manage its risk, minimise its costs and maximise its profitability, as well as being able to comply with their onerous regulatory requirements.
What we do
The Banking & Securities team within AIM helps our clients to achieve their most important business goals through the better management and exploitation of their data. This includes not only establishing truly business outcome-focused front-end analytics, but also improving the collection, storage, integration and presentation of data throughout the organisation and the complex task of integrating data sets in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
What we are looking for
You will play a key role in the delivery of client work, owning key deliverables and work packages, as well as becoming an expert in your industry. You will develop and hone your leadership capabilities and have a role in the development of junior team members. You will also get involved in the sales process. In this key role, the focus of attention is primarily on delivery; though you will be able to put your own creative ideas into practice as you take ownership of engagements and hone your commercial skills during periods of business development work.
Broaden your expertise, boost your marketability
What we expect
With a key role on AIM project work, you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help our clients maximise the benefit and value they achieve from their data assets to reduce risk, improve efficiency, ensure compliance and identify and develop new business opportunities. You will also assume real ownership of client work and stakeholders, as you help them execute their data strategy. We are vendor neutral and therefore have maximum capability to provide our clients with objective advice.
You will benefit from getting involved in the sales process, as you develop your capability in budgeting and contributing to bid and proposal work. Our environment is entrepreneurial, meritocratic, and team-focused.
The role involves the delivery of key transformation projects focusing on:
- Developing data analytics solutions, providing data-related expertise for wider programmes or running data strategy engagements
- Managing key client stakeholders' relationships and supporting teams of Deloitte and client personnel
- Leading the development of client deliverables, bids and proposals.
- Supporting commercial negotiations, client presentations and budgets
Skills & Knowledge:
- Relevant experience in consulting or industry
- Experience of retail or investment banking or asset manager environments
- Knowledge and experience in reference data, regulatory reporting and/or “Big Data”
- Data modelling and/or data architecture experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Understanding of the importance of managing risk and quality on data projects
- Programme/Project management experience for more experienced candidates preferably using a recognised methodology
- Track record of implementing data project delivery including ability to meet deadlines, overcome challenges and manage stakeholder expectations
- Experience of delivering Data Strategy/Data Governance initiatives in banking and securities
- Experience of defining data models for banking products, clients or risk metrics, including the use of industry standard models such as Teradata’s FS-LDM and IBM’s Banking Data Warehouse
- Experience in industry standards, such as FpML, FIXML and data utilities
- Knowledge of relevant regulations (e.g. BCBS, CRD IV, MiFID, EMIR, Basel III)
- Knowledge of data quality and data cleansing techniquesStrong SQL and data manipulation skills
- Experience of using data analytics and visualisation products and technologies (Such as Tableau, Tibco SpotFire and, Qlikview)
- Experience of delivering data management and data integration solutions using technologies such as Informatica, IBM Infosphere Datastage, MS SSIS or Ab Initio
- Experience of designing architectures around traditional or non-traditional database systems including Oracle, Sybase, SAP HANA, EMC Greenplum, Teradata and Hadoop
- Strong academic record, preferably in a numerate subject such as Computer Science or Engineering
- Demonstrable consulting experience in a data discipline
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding career in technology advisory consulting with an award winning firm. Where do you want to take your career?
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
- Strategy & Operations
- Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration ? with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway ? pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway ? pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway ? pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external)
Deloitte offers integrated services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in the UK and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates within.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture. We are open to discussing with candidates the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways.
We are proud to have received a special award for Best Innovation for our WorkAgility Time Out programme in the 2015 Top Employers for Working Families awards.
Education: Undergraduate degree