Education: Undergraduate degree
Benefits: from £62,673
Welcome to Accenture, one of the world's leading providers of management consultancy and IT services. Are you ready to put yourself to the test on business' biggest challenges? Do you want to work in an environment where the bar is raised every day and high performance is just the entry ticket? Think you're up to it?
Key Features of the role
We are currently seeking Test Managers who are able to operate in challenging stakeholder-facing roles. Successful applicants will operate in roles which enable the delivery of quality throughout the delivery lifecycle, with a focus on test delivery. Candidates will operate within a local delivery capacity within the UK and will operate leveraging the capabilities of Accenture’s Global Delivery Network - including Near-shore and Offshore delivery locations or within a local delivery.
What's in it for you?
At Accenture, we test ground-breaking technologies across wide industry groups and provide strategic advice to our clients at very senior levels. We are involved in key transformational work of substantial scale, and often prime those deliveries. As such, Accenture is in a unique position to provide great testing opportunities to our staff to enable them to learn, grow by working across the huge range of projects we run.
As well as a competitive salary we have an extensive benefits package which includes 30 days' holiday per year, gym subsidies, an excellent parental leave package, private medical insurance, a contributory pension scheme and three extra days' leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
What we're looking for
Successful candidates will be assigned to specific testing engagements and must exhibit skills to enable them to lead test delivery on an engagement at a client site. We are looking for candidates with experience in client-facing Systems Integration projects, used to managing, organising and leading test teams.
We are looking for candidates with experiences in waterfall and scaled agile quality engineering practices, with strong test delivery skills. Deep skills and focussed experience within a particular package/industry is also highly desirable.
You will take responsibility for the testing solution, typically client-facing.
Typical responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
- Provide test programme management services that meet agreed SLAs
- Test Strategy and Approach definition
- Align with client on approach and acceptance criteria including any distributed work requirements
- Lead and manage high performance distributed teams
- Assess 3rd party suppliers of test technology, infrastructure or expertise
- Provide Automation and Tooling Strategy advisory work or automation delivery advisory
- Lead workshops and provide test consulting work to clients
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Defining Test Strategy including planning of test approach, isolation techniques, stubs/mocking requirements, test data management and environments.
- Functional test planning, preparation and execution including experience of test design techniques; pairwise testing.
- Test management experience
- Examples: Onshore, Nearshore and Offshore teams
- Examples: Distributed agile test management
- Examples: Integration to DevOps practices
- Experience operating as consulting/transformation agent for change within a testing context or have led in test delivery transformation services roles
- Experience leading test services/delivery
- Excellent Communication, stakeholder management and written English skills
- Working knowledge of one or more source configuration management and defect tracking systems
- Confident manner in giving presentations and workshops to clients
- Project Management
- Ability to coach less experienced staff
- Interest in wider testing techniques
- Experience delivering test organisational effectiveness programmes, TMMi audits, Agile Testing Maturity assessments or Agile, BDD, or TDD transformation programmes.
- Strong packaged or SaaS software testing experience
- Examples: SAP, Oracle, Workday, Pega, SuccessFactors, SalesForce
- Functional Test Delivery and Collaboration Tooling experience
- Examples: HP LFT, HP ALM, XRay for JIRA, Confluence
- BDD / TDD / Domain specific language and tooling experience
- Deep / demonstrable Industry knowledge / experience
- Example: Network testing experience
- Experience of BDD, TDD and/or domain specific languages and acceptance criteria design
- Experience of specification and implementation of test automation systems
- Understanding of common modern technology architectures
- ISEB/ISTQB certified or equivalent qualified
Closing date for applications: 31st August 2016. Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicants be found.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Education: Undergraduate degree
Benefits: from £62,673