Security Strategy Senior Manager
Education: Undergraduate degree
Benefits: £95,000 - £116,000
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Why Accenture Strategy?
In the world of strategy today, it is about the future, and in the future, technology is the disruptor. Digital technology is changing competitive landscapes and creating new opportunities for almost every organisation. This situation plays directly to Accenture's strengths. With Accenture Strategy, we have created what we believe is the strategy firm of the future. It’s a very exciting place to be!
Our 8,000+ strong team of strategists combine deep business insight and tremendous technology understanding within the context of our client’s industry. There is no one player who can bring all of that together at the scale and with the degree of integration that we can. This is what our clients’ current challenges and opportunities demand of us and it is what makes us different to any other strategy firm in the market.
Accenture Strategy is launching a Security Centre of Excellence. This team focuses on advising Boards and the full C-Suite. This dedicated group of security strategy experts understand issues specific to our clients’ industry and will help shape our clients’ response to evolving security threats.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it is able to offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
Security Centre of Excellence professionals:
- Are highly credible with the ability to engage on a broad C-suite agenda. Possess the personal and professional attributes necessary to guide senior leadership in the formulation of strategies that produce robust and dynamic protective security capabilities as well as enterprise resilience capabilities.
- Possess deep industry expertise sufficient to not only understand the nuances of an industry, but also guide client executives in developing suitable strategies with limited capacity and ever-changing threat landscapes.
- Understand current and future client needs in the context of the security marketplace as well as client industry dynamics and apply insights to recommend short/long-term value creation for clients that have the appropriate level of impact.
- Demonstrate an ability to:
- Understand business direction of companies and create optimised security strategies that meet business needs, seeking to balance defensive and responsive strategic elements.
- Communicate complex technology concepts and terms to executive clients in business terms to support formulation of enterprise strategy formulation.
- Advise on aligning and optimising security operations to meet business objectives while maintaining identified compliance with legal, best-practice and regulatory requirements.
- Produce risk-based strategies that maximise the effectiveness of finite financial resources in the face of ever-escalating cyber threats.
- Perform as a Security Strategy Consulting Practitioner subject matter expert in at least one or more of the following seven key security domains:
- Extended Ecosystem - articulating risks and exposures across 3rd parties, cloud providers, “shadow” IT, partners, and suppliers;
- Governance and Leadership - reviewing and developing effective structures for communication and decision making across an organisation;
- Investment Efficiency - evaluating the effectiveness of client expenditures across the technology portfolio to ensure optimal balance between enablement and protection;
- Business Exposure - identifying business exposures resulting from cyber-attack vectors (e.g. insider threat, competitive intelligence, supply chain, distribution, and materials security, etc.);
- Resilience Readiness - evaluating an organisation’s ability to respond transparently to interruptions resulting from cyber-attacks;
- Cyber Response Readiness - reviewing an organisation’s ability manage and respond to cyber-attacks from a business process and technical level, and across all levels of an organisation (Exec MGT, legal, HR, IT, Security, Compliance, etc.);
- Strategic Threat Context - understanding the myriad threat factors (geopolitical, competitive, criminal, and market threats) in conjunction with cyber-attack vectors used to disrupt business operations.
- Minimum of 5 years of security strategy experience
- Minimum of 2 years management consulting experience and/or internal consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated work experience within data strategy, management and operational reporting and enabling technologies
- Successful career progression in one or more of the following: sales/business development, including pricing strategy, deal shaping, and business case development
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office product suite
- CISSP, CISM, CISA preferred
Professional Skill Requirements
- Have a deep intellectual capacity and relevant experience to develop creative and breakthrough solutions.
- Possess strong analytical skills and have the ability to understand complex issues with the ability to quickly absorb information and deploy conceptual and creative problem solving.
- Successful track record in sales origination with an entrepreneurial mind-set; demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams to shape, sell, communicate, and implement security strategy engagements.
- Demonstrate first class written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions in a simple, logical and impactful manner. Own and develop our offerings and assets.
- Be a natural leader with the ability to easily establish trust-based relationships; skilled in gaining valuable insights through collaboration and communication.
- Lead, mentor and develop our people.
- Possess drive, determination and optimism with proven ability to adapt and remove obstacles to achieve results.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, please contact us as soon as possible.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Accenture Equal Opportunities Statement
Please note that Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Education: Undergraduate degree
Benefits: £95,000 - £116,000